Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Been a few of these issues reported with transmission mounts in 2020s. DarkKnight noted this in post number 6 of this thread..but the sound description by you did not seem familiar to this issue (and could not be heard on your video). :)

Glad they got to the bottom of it.

By the way.. for other owners, dealers have stated the vehicle is safe to drive while you wait for the part to be replaced.
Yes, they told me that as well. He said it causes a harmonica effect, not really dangerous, just noisy.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
228 Posts
Thanks. There are 3 North American sites. Indiana, Ohio and Canada. I had only heard of transmission mount issues from the Canada site. With your new information who knows where the part comes from or what time frame is included. Good news is they have a fix for it.

Reactions: Catty33

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,083 Posts
had rattling for a while way back. mine was easy - the flashlight in the back seat area was causing it. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V EX AWD
12 Posts
Thanks so much for posting. I have a 2020 EX with 4k miles on it, bought in February, and noticed the exact same rattling noise and in the same spot as well. Searched on the forum and couldn't find anything. Am going to give the dealer a call and recommend they start there!

·
Registered
21 Posts
We had that noise on our 2018 crv too. Since we had the radio on we couldn’t hear it that much. I never did anything about it either and we got rid of it for a 2020. Is nice to see what it was, that you got it fixed, and I wanted to let others know it is just not the 2020.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, it's happening when it's on motion. It doesn't do it when it's parked. It's happening most at speeds over 45, which is part of the problem. I live in a small town, so I don't always drive above 45.
I have a rattle sound very pronounced when turning steering wheel abruptly from side to side and occasionally normal driving. Take it in a parking lot and turn it left to right. My issue was diagnosed as a transmission mount. The part is on back order due mid August. Hope this helps. There are several with this issue.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Open the hood and see of the plastic trim by wiper blades is secured. Wind, rain would lead me to think it's outside the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a rattle that I just couldn't find but it sounded like it was coming from the rear hatch.
My wife complained about it all the time.

Recently I was cleaning the outside of the car and I noticed that the license plate is only attached by the bolts on the top, there are no bottom mounting holes.
It has a chrome frame on it that says CRV and it is only attached on the top too.
I had looked at it before and decided the rattle couldn't be coming from there but this time I went a got a coupe of rubber washers that I had the kind that you use with a hose.

They were a snug fit between the bottom of the license plate and the body of the car.
I really didn't expect it to make any difference, but I gave it a try.

That was it, not a rattle since but just looking at it, I would not have thought that would be the source.
But apparently the plate and the metal frame hit together when I went over bumps and pushing the bottom of the plate out a little stopped it.
It really sounded like it was coming from inside the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a rattle that I just couldn't find but it sounded like it was coming from the rear hatch.
My wife complained about it all the time.

Recently I was cleaning the outside of the car and I noticed that the license plate is only attached by the bolts on the top, there are no bottom mounting holes.
It has a chrome frame on it that says CRV and it is only attached on the top too.
I had looked at it before and decided the rattle couldn't be coming from there but this time I went a got a coupe of rubber washers that I had the kind that you use with a hose.

They were a snug fit between the bottom of the license plate and the body of the car.
I really didn't expect it to make any difference, but I gave it a try.

That was it, not a rattle since but just looking at it, I would not have thought that would be the source.
But apparently the plate and the metal frame hit together when I went over bumps and pushing the bottom of the plate out a little stopped it.
It really sounded like it was coming from inside the car.
Hi, just purchased my first 2020 CRV 4 weeks ago. It was the model on the showroom floor. I didn't test drive it. Well, took it home and noticed a rattle noise. It's not happening all the time. I have brought my car in 3 times. The tech first told me it's just common road noise. I left feeling defeated. One morning while it was raining and windy, I drove back up and had him drive with me. I also recorded the rattling. He states he could hear it on the video, but not in the car. I will post the video, can anyone help?

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Check for exterior trim mounting, ie: splash guards, inner fenders, etc
The update was, the dealership did that. They said it was the transmission mounts and we are waiting on the repair.

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V EX AWD
12 Posts
The update was, the dealership did that. They said it was the transmission mounts and we are waiting on the repair.
I have a service appt scheduled for them to take a look. Did they tell you how long the repair would take? Did they have to order other parts?

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I have a service appt scheduled for them to take a look. Did they tell you how long the repair would take? Did they have to order other parts?
They said the repair would take 3-4 hours, waiting on the parts to come in. I'll update you as soon as they let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just purchased my first 2020 CRV 4 weeks ago. It was the model on the showroom floor. I didn't test drive it. Well, took it home and noticed a rattle noise. It's not happening all the time. I have brought my car in 3 times. The tech first told me it's just common road noise. I left feeling defeated. One morning while it was raining and windy, I drove back up and had him drive with me. I also recorded the rattling. He states he could hear it on the video, but not in the car. I will post the video, can anyone help?
I would have to take a ride for to me being a trucker also sounds to me like a piece of trim is lose. Wile reading I was thinking maybe the flywheel wasnt tighten right on the assembly line but it to me sounds like a piece of trim or a window not all the way up. Sorry not much help here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a rattle sound very pronounced when turning steering wheel abruptly from side to side and occasionally normal driving. Take it in a parking lot and turn it left to right. My issue was diagnosed as a transmission mount. The part is on back order due mid August. Hope this helps. There are several with this issue.
Same exact issue here. Mine is on back order till September.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My very annoying rattle was my cell phone lying on the console. The pop socket caused it to vibrate. It was so close, but took me the longest time to figure it out. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I heard it....it sounds to me like a vibration of something loose, hope you find it. I hear the road noise too but I can also hear what I think you are hearing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This happened to me several years ago. After a few months of ownership I drove the car down a very rough road at moderate speed - enough to rattle your teeth, if you will. Never heard the noise again. What ever it was settled into a new state of being.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts