Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Other then on this forum this is the only other account I was able to find online

The service manager told me there are extensive reports of our issue on the Honda tech forum. Sad, nothing was done proactively. They are aware there is an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you, I feel like I am loosing it. Sounds like it's dashboard, very right driver side only.
Yes,I have 2017 Honda CRV Touring and I love it.And Yes,I had noises coming from dash and behind and I was ready to find the cause.Turned out was the front windshield camera cover which is plastic rubbing on glass windshield was causing those noises in the dashboard.This small noise amplified down windshield and further in the dashboard.I removed the cover and applied small piece of rubber inlay to hold glass I had (nothing with glue,because of sun) and applied to the bottom of the cover separating the cover from windshield.No more noises.Honda take note,you have good product.Hope this helps,Stan,London,Ontario,Canada

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I just received a call from the service manager. Stated the part(s) are on back order. Looking at 9-3, before they will arrive. He said, this is a known problem.

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Well, the part(s) are finally in. Getting the repair(s) completed on Thursday. Will let you know if this the fix.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
228 Posts
If you note there is a new part number for the transmission mount and or a TSB number please let us know. I haven't noticed a problem with my 2020 but that isn't to say it won't pop up later.

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I just got back from picking mine up. Well, mine wasn't quite so easy to fix. They replaced the transmission mounts. They started the repair last Thursday. Got a call late in the afternoon, the service manager test drove it and there was still noise. Picked up a rental car at their expense. They ended up finding an issue with the hood latch cable and steering column and lever. They replaced the steering column too. I picked up the car this morning, so quiet. Very happy to have a quiet car =)

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
228 Posts
Good for you Catty33 and detroit010! Glad to hear they know how to fix this.

Reactions: detroit010

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,451 Posts
I just got back from picking mine up. Well, mine wasn't quite so easy to fix. They replaced the transmission mounts. They started the repair last Thursday. Got a call late in the afternoon, the service manager test drove it and there was still noise. Picked up a rental car at their expense. They ended up finding an issue with the hood latch cable and steering column and lever. They replaced the steering column too. I picked up the car this morning, so quiet. Very happy to have a quiet car =)
Almost sounds like your vehicle was assembled on "hangover Monday". :)

Glad you got it all resolved and are driving a quiet CRV. (y)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had heard that some CRV's got the original new part installed. My service writer told me Honda had to remanufacture the part with a modified design. So, keep listening. Make sure you got the new Mount.

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I had heard that some CRV's got the original new part installed. My service writer told me Honda had to remanufacture the part with a modified design. So, keep listening. Make sure you got the new Mount.
Well, I guess there is no way to know it for sure. I will tell you, it's super quiet. The noise is gone. What ever they replaced and fixed, it worked. So nice to have a quiet ride. Thank you for the heads up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question for you, Catty33. Did you notice it was worse during certain temperatures? I have a sound like yours... mine is worse between 50 and 80 degrees. Anything above 85 is non-existent.

·
Registered
2020 CRV LX
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I have a question for you, Catty33. Did you notice it was worse during certain temperatures? I have a sound like yours... mine is worse between 50 and 80 degrees. Anything above 85 is non-existent.
I'm in central FL, it's so hot here. I did notice for some reason it was worse when it had rained.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,068 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there. I am owner of Honda CR-V 1,5 VTEC 2020. There are knocks/rattle when starting a cold engine and 1300 - 1400 rpm. Disappear after a minute when engine warmed and go to less 1000 rpm. Does some of you have an opinion? I can send to Viber the audio-record I made.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts