Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I read in an auto blog that Honda has changed the parameters of the auto stop such that it rarely engages due to prior year problems with gasoline dilution of the oil in the turbo engines.
That's odd. It would seem to me that idle-stop would help reduce OD as idling is a known factor in contributing to it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I read in an auto blog that Honda has changed the parameters of the auto stop such that it rarely engages due to prior year problems with gasoline dilution of the oil in the turbo engines.
LOL

Said "auto blog" is only worthy of wiping ones bottom and not much else!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Called US Honda today to find out what's been happening with the case number I opened with them a few months ago after our AIS stopped working and the 7 step process got it working again. They said the case was closed with no other notes. Since our AIS is working now, there is nothing to do. They recommended if it happens again to go to our dealership and they will work with a master mechanic at US Honda to troubleshoot. Sounds like a load of crap to me.

In the meantime, our AIS is still working perfectly. One note, we have not had the hood open since we did the reset process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my new 2020 CRV LX a couple of days ago and the AIS was not working! Every time I stopped I got the message “unavailable”. I tried the step on this thread regarding the opening/closing the hood and it did work!!!!
Still not sure if I like the feature since like some people in here I wonder if the feature will damage the engine. Anyways I’m not a mechanic and I hope it doesn’t.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum, mirr77! Most new cars in the US have the auto idle stop, and the manufacturers have upgraded the starter, battery, etc so you should be good to go...err stop, err go... ;-)

BTW, auto idle stop has been around for years in Europe.

Reactions: mirr77

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum, mirr77! Most new cars in the US have the auto idle stop, and the manufacturers have upgraded the starter, battery, etc so you should be good to go...err stop, err go... ;-)

BTW, auto idle stop has been around for years in Europe.
Thanks!! Definitely something to get used to for me :).

81 - 88 of 88 Posts