Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
its probably in owners manual but I noticed it doesnt engage in sport mode . I've been using sport mode lately keeping the rpms at 2500 at 70 kmph for a 13 km hwy stretch on morning commute

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
its probably in owners manual but I noticed it doesnt engage in sport mode . I've been using sport mode lately keeping the rpms at 2500 at 70 kmph for a 13 km hwy stretch on morning commute
Why?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My auto idol wasn’t working then my car wouldn’t start one morning. Honda put in a better battery and told me a lot of the new Honda’s don’t come stock with a good enough battery. If you can get it replaced for free/cheap, I highly recommend it. Auto idol off works all the time now.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Hopefully there was no charge to you for a battery replacement in a 2020?
Read through the posts and you will find lots of info regarding using a battery maintainer, especially if you are only doing short trips during covid. Regardless of battery size if you don’t drive these cars enough, they will deplete.
I see no issue with the larger battery in the 2020 models, it appears to be quite sufficient.
What was your oem battery replaced with by the dealer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Hopefully there was no charge to you for a battery replacement in a 2020?
Read through the posts and you will find lots of info regarding using a battery maintainer, especially if you are only doing short trips during covid. Regardless of battery size if you don’t drive these cars enough, they will deplete.
I see no issue with the larger battery in the 2020 models, it appears to be quite sufficient.
What was your oem battery replaced with by the dealer?
Thank you, mine is the 2020 with less than 350kms, so yes the battery was replaced for free. I’ll look up the tips though, that should be very helpful since my trips are mostly very small.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Actually...it WILL work with the AC on, as long as you don't have it set to "LO" ..."58" is fine....
Of course the AC will not cool while the engine is off during idle stop, but the engine will likely turn back on quickly to cool the cabin. I know, I is 105 here today!
In the manual, page 478 -479, Auto Idle Stop does not activate when "the climate control system is in use, and the temperature is set to Hi or Lo," and a few more items too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought a 2020 CRV last week and have put just over 100 miles on it. The AIS did not work once during that time. After reading these posts, I tried putting my seatbelt on before starting the car, but it still didn’t work. So then I tried the 7 step process with opening the hood, and it actually worked at the very first stop sign! And then worked multiple times on the way home. Thanks for the advice!

·
Enforcer
1,807 Posts
We bought a 2020 CRV last week and have put just over 100 miles on it. The AIS did not work once during that time. After reading these posts, I tried putting my seatbelt on before starting the car, but it still didn’t work. So then I tried the 7 step process with opening the hood, and it actually worked at the very first stop sign! And then worked multiple times on the way home. Thanks for the advice!
Also worth reading the manual - it will tell you under what conditions the auto stop start feature will/not work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m a new 2020 owner and so far we really like it. I have a question regarding the engine auto idle-stop. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago, and now it doesn’t seem to work at all. We haven’t changed anything and as far as we are concerned, everything listed in the manual that is highlighted that it does not activate when and may not activate when are not in operation, and still no auto idle stop. Anyone have any experience or suggestions to see if we can get it working again? Thanks!
I've been having the same problem with my new 2020 CR-V and have been reading through these posts. For me the solution was ultra-simple: fasten your driver's side seatbelt BEFORE starting the engine. That did it! You'd think this simple instruction would be listed front and center in the user's manual in order to prevent the disabling of a pretty important clean air feature.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,909 Posts
I've been having the same problem with my new 2020 CR-V and have been reading through these posts. For me the solution was ultra-simple: fasten your driver's side seatbelt BEFORE starting the engine. That did it! You'd think this simple instruction would be listed front and center in the user's manual in order to prevent the disabling of a pretty important clean air feature.
Well, first off.. this start/stop feature is in no way safety or drive performance related. It is simply a green compliance design.. which will probably eek out a bit more fuel economy. Nothing more, nothing less. Exactly the kind of thing that can escape the Design-Team-2-Documentation-Team transfer of information.

As vehicles get more sophisticated and nuanced we are going to see more of this sort of thing escape documentation (or clear declaration early in the owners guide.. rather than buried over on page 2 million in the owners manual that is looking more each year like an old school phone book physically.

I can see how this condition might escape the translation from design team to "guidance and conditions" specified in the owners documentation.

The vehicle assumes (right or wrong) that if your seat belt is not fastened, then you are not necessarily in the vehicle and as such.. the software that controls auto start/stop makes a particular decision. This would not be the only thing that is "real and working as intended" yet not clearly delineated in the owners documentation clearly for all to red and understand. There are always a handful of these... and ironically.. many owners apparently don't even crack open their manuals... even after they see something they do not understand.. so even with proper documentation.. some owners will not know it.

And I am sure that your particular complaint has already been recorded by Honda and has been fed back to the design teams to insure that they do not have a repeat instance of "vague" conditions. Dealer certainly will feed it back to Honda.. when they keep getting owner inquiries and request to confirm "working as intended".

Lastly, it should not be a requirement for Honda to tell you to fasten your seatbelt before you start your vehicle and drive away. THAT is driver safety 101.. and should be self-explanatory. :)

101 - 112 of 112 Posts