Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so disappointed in the colors available for 2020. I am currently driving my second white CRV. It is seven years old and I am ready to get a new car. I love my CRV and wanted another. But I did not want white. I noticed there was a light brown color for 2019 which I really liked. I am not a fan of gray or black. But it appears to me that the only colors available now are three shades of gray, black, white, red and blue. Any idea when they will publicize the colors that will be available for 2021? I know this will seem incredibly shallow to many, but the color of the car is important to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
To us too, but we relented and got the Lunar Silver. The lack of choice of colors (if you can even call gray a color) were a real head scratcher. We waited for the 2020 hoping for an earth tones color option and then poof. The one thing I can say about Lunar Silver is it is an easy color to maintain.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
817 Posts
I am so disappointed in the colors available for 2020. I am currently driving my second white CRV. It is seven years old and I am ready to get a new car. I love my CRV and wanted another. But I did not want white. I noticed there was a light brown color for 2019 which I really liked. I am not a fan of gray or black. But it appears to me that the only colors available now are three shades of gray, black, white, red and blue. Any idea when they will publicize the colors that will be available for 2021? I know this will seem incredibly shallow to many, but the color of the car is important to me.
I beg to differ.. i love my white diamond pearl 2017 BUT if i was in the market for a 2020 i'd get an aegeon blue crv in a heartbeat...

Oddly the horrible colors are dedicated to the hybrid while the 1.5T non hybrid has the better options (that have been avail in other markets since 2017)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Not sure what it is called but they have a battleship grey color with just a hint of blue. Almost as bad as the olive drab green they had for the first run.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not sure what it is called but they have a battleship grey color with just a hint of blue. Almost as bad as the olive drab green they had for the first run.
It’s sonic grey. It was available on the 2017 Civic Sport at first and for some reason is now available on the CR-V. Looks good on the Civic Sport, my brother has it, but terrible on the CR-V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
A few weeks ago I saw a 2018-19 bright yellow CRV in my areas. I searched but saw no late CRVs sold in the US with Yellow exterior color. It was a beautiful yellow color on CRV.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Must have been a custom paint job. Other than a single red, and blue choice, it’’s limited to gray scale choices. No oranges, browns, Tans, yellows, purples, or aquas.
Not even humanity’s second favorite color of Green, is allowed in any form.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
817 Posts
A few weeks ago I saw a 2018-19 bright yellow CRV in my areas. I searched but saw no late CRVs sold in the US with Yellow exterior color. It was a beautiful yellow color on CRV.
there are a few honda dealers that wrap cars & let custoers upgraede wheels and things.

good for uneducated buyers who want to get clobbered on markup while financing vinyl sheets on a honda lol

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
137 Posts
I'd go with either the white or silver personally. Those colors, along with black, are kind of traditional / always available / steadfast colors (well red also for sure).

I prefer lighter colors as they don't show the dust very much, so only white or silver. The silver is a metallic and the white is pearl, my experience the metallic is easier for touch up and such.

cheers

·
Registered
300 Posts
3 shades of asphalt is RIGHT ON..........................................BORING, but that is what the BORING masses want
...unless you want to blend into the masses...

I happen to like asphalt shades (neutral tones) so I chose what appears to be the most common color in my region. So now, I can drive around hidden in plain sight. There are so many CRVs, and in the same color, in my County that you'd drive yourself nuts trying to find me from afar by the type and color of my vehicle only. Gotta love that!

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
817 Posts
...unless you want to blend into the masses...

I happen to like asphalt shades (neutral tones) so I chose what appears to be the most common color in my region. So now, I can drive around hidden in plain sight. There are so many CRVs, and in the same color, in my County that you'd drive yourself nuts trying to find me from afar by the type and color of my vehicle only. Gotta love that!
Yep theres about 3 in all parking lots at all times lol

The sport bumpers help me spot it in mall lots!

·
Registered
609 Posts
3 shades of asphalt is RIGHT ON..........................................BORING, but that is what the BORING masses want
Even Subaru, another stodgy styling auto company, has made their crosstrek in bright orange, and from what I’ve seen, it’s about their most popular color for that car. Why can’t Honda take a chance and offer something a smidgen risqué?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
It’s sonic grey. It was available on the 2017 Civic Sport at first and for some reason is now available on the CR-V. Looks good on the Civic Sport, my brother has it, but terrible on the CR-V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems that some version of non-metallic gray is in fashion right now with a number of vehicle manufacturers, including some of the premium brands

Personally, If I wanted battleship gray... I would ride around in an actual battleship. :p :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Even Subaru, another stodgy styling auto company, has made their crosstrek in bright orange, and from what I’ve seen, it’s about their most popular color for that car. Why can’t Honda take a chance and offer something a smidgen risqué?
They also have a really pretty medium blue in the crosstrek and a nice maroon color. I'm too much of an extrovert to go down the silver/grey brick road. I've gotten more comments on my Molten Lava Pearl than any other car I've ever owned. Wished they offered a nice brick red color. Please don't take offense if you have a grey CRV, whatever floats your boat.:cool:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Allow me to take it a step further.

Why not have all cars/trucks/vehicles the same color? Just one color for all. Every one of them exactly the same color? And for that matter, why not have only one vehicle type/model/brand/style for all? Everyone has exactly the same car in exactly the same color. My pick for the one vehicle for all would be...... the Gen 5 CR-V!

That would be AWESOME!!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts