Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

Registered
To us too, but we relented and got the Lunar Silver. The lack of choice of colors (if you can even call gray a color) were a real head scratcher. We waited for the 2020 hoping for an earth tones color option and then poof. The one thing I can say about Lunar Silver is it is an easy color to maintain.
Both of our Hondas are silver for a couple of reasons. We like silver and live in Arizona where there is no shortage of dust. Our cars can be dusty but still look clean even close up. I love good reds and blues, but those aren't practical for rural Arizona. 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
Our daughter just bought an Aegean Blue EX-L. That is a really nice color. My wife has the Basque Red Pearl, it's a 2019. They don't offer that one any more. I agree the color choices are horrible. A bunch of what I call non-colors, greys, silver, black, of course white. But it's not limited to Honda. Many other manufacturers offer mostly non-color cars. You could do a wrap. Get any color or pattern you want.
What is a wrap?

Registered
I would have to drive 4 hours round trip to see the colors on a vehicle. So tell me, please. How bright blue is Aegean Blue? And how bright red is Radiant Red?

I have been considering both, but I also worry a bit about the age appropriateness of either choice since I am well over 60. Don't want people to think I am experiencing a second childhood. :)

Registered
I would have to drive 4 hours round trip to see the colors on a vehicle. So tell me, please. How bright blue is Aegean Blue? And how bright red is Radiant Red?

I have been considering both, but I also worry a bit about the age appropriateness of either choice since I am well over 60. Don't want people to think I am experiencing a second childhood. :)
My wife and I both over 60 and shades of red are our favorite car colors. With people I know it's typically introverts that go in for shades of gray and silver.

Registered
Discussion Starter #45
I am on the upper end of 60鈥檚. And red is probably the color I will get if I buy them be this year. I too live in a rural area in my dealer only has gray silver and white

Registered
Rural and on a dirt road. Cat tracks on car hoods. What colors are worst and best for dust, dirt, cat tracks? My current CR-V is lunar grey (silver?). Would the blue or red be more inclined to show dust, etc?

How red is this Radiant Red? Like a fire engine or more toward the Basque Red Pearl of last year?

Registered
My wife and I both over 60 and shades of red are our favorite car colors. With people I know it's typically introverts that go in for shades of gray and silver.
I own a lunar silver now. Owned white before. Guess I am introverted. Actually, I know I am.

Registered
Wish there was a place online to see accurate color displays. Cannot really trust computer displays to be accurate. Nearest Honda dealer here is 140 miles one way.

Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
Wish there was a place online to see accurate color displays. Cannot really trust computer displays to be accurate. Nearest Honda dealer here is 140 miles one way.
its called google image search
And unless your computer is 20 yrs old the colors should be accurate

stop bumping this up and go look for the colors, they鈥檝e all be available on other honda models for 3/4yrs

Registered

Hell I'm 72 and wish Chrome Yellow was offered.......ended up with white as I like my vehicles to be visable.. day or night.

Registered

stop bumping this up and go look for the colors, they鈥檝e all be available on other honda models for 3/4yrs
He just said the nearest dlr is 140 miles away and the Radiant Red is a new color. What's your problem dude? It's not like most of us have anywhere to be.

Registered

He just said the nearest dlr is 140 miles away and the Radiant Red is a new color. What's your problem dude? It's not like most of us have anywhere to be.
I didn't want to say anything in reply to him. Lots of grief these day. Thanks

Registered
When I try to see colors on a car through the internet, I usually end up getting a pretty wide range of possibilities, due not to my set-up but to whoever was taking the pictures. I go to the dealership to look at the various options (e.g., when Molten Lava came out, it looked very different in person; pictures didn't capture how much the color would change depending on the light and angle). But I'm fortunate enough to live in a major metropolitan area with multiple dealerships within a 20-minute drive.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts