Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CRV EX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2020 CRV EX with the standard flip-lever dimming arm... I'd like to replace it with a Gentex auto dimming homelink mirror... I've seen a few older threads for swapping the OEM mirror with a Gentex, but none for a 2020.

Does the 2020 mirror have the same window mount that the earlier models do? Will one of the standard Gentex mirrors fit?

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
816 Posts
I have a new 2020 CRV EX with the standard flip-lever dimming arm... I'd like to replace it with a Gentex auto dimming homelink mirror... I've seen a few older threads for swapping the OEM mirror with a Gentex, but none for a 2020.

Does the 2020 mirror have the same window mount that the earlier models do? Will one of the standard Gentex mirrors fit?
Yes same mount

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
You will need to have elect power to the new mirror.

·
Registered
2020 CRV EX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes same mount
Thanks... It's odd that you can't see the mount from outside the car (the whole area is solid black) and the inside is covered with a plastic cover... Not sure why, or how you get the inside cover off... There's a small cover in the large cover that extends up into the headliner... I suspect you have to take the map lights out to see the screws that hold it in place.

·
Registered
2020 CRV EX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will need to have elect power to the new mirror.
Thanks... I've watched several videos on the process... Not that I understand all the wiring issues... Just wanted to make sure the window mount was the same because you can't tell from outside or inside the car... And I haven't seen any videos for a 2020.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A standard Gentex mirror will not work because it will interfere with the plastic shroud around the camera.
The first articulation point is at the mirror mount, so the mirror will hit the shroud when adjusted unless the shroud is trimmed.

The way around this is to order the mirror from the 2018+ Odyssey. The first articulation point allows enough clearance for the camera shroud.
Here is a thread that I created when I upgraded the mirror:
upgrade to Homelink mirror

I never did figure out where to tap for the reverse wire, but this recent thread shows the wire. I plan to try this in the future.
reverse wire

·
Registered
2020 CRV EX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A standard Gentex mirror will not work because it will interfere with the plastic shroud around the camera.
The first articulation point is at the mirror mount, so the mirror will hit the shroud when adjusted unless the shroud is trimmed.

The way around this is to order the mirror from the 2018+ Odyssey. The first articulation point allows enough clearance for the camera shroud.
Here is a thread that I created when I upgraded the mirror:
upgrade to Homelink mirror

I never did figure out where to tap for the reverse wire, but this recent thread shows the wire. I plan to try this in the future.
reverse wire
Thanks for the information, @bandit400... I wasn't sure if the standard Gentex replacement mirror would work in a '20 because of the plastic shroud.

I thought I could just update the mirror with one from an EX-L and be good to go... Now it looks like the homelink might not be in the EX-L mirror as I originally thought... Here's the trim update for the EX-L... The autodim and homelink options are listed separately.

2020 CRV EX-L Adds 640px.jpg

·
2,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moving to Accessories section for better response.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If I remember correctly, the homelink buttons for the upper trim levels are located on panel with the sunroof controls. The auto dimming mirror on these trims does not have the buttons.
It might be possible to upgrade the sunroof panel to the homelink version. I wanted auto dimming as well, so I chose to upgrade to a mirror with both of these features.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts