Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
2020 CRV EX-L AWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owned a 2017 CRV EX and I sold it, my average gas range as i remember was 350 miles when full tank
Vehicle Car Mode of transport Auto part Family car

Now I got the 2020 CRV EX-L and it's been 2 weeks, I have 2 full tanks already but it only registers 255 miles? Is there something wrong with it?

Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
Usually the first few fill ups on a new car are lower, coming frim a 2017 u know the driving power /dynamics but the start stop would be the only difference minus the larger wheels

Registered
If nothing changed in your commute, gas source/grade, remote starting to heat/cool the cabin and acceleration habits then check tire pressure and disconnect the negative battery terminal for 10 mins. Setting the climate control to auto w/ AC on all the time, accelerating/driving faster than normal, idling/remote starting the car for extended periods of time, driving in S mode drops your fuel economy. Does it feel like it is heavier/dragging or easier/faster to accelerate than the 2017? Reset it and get it on the highway for 20 mins at 55 or 65, you should see 32+ mpg.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory
Leaving Tuesday on a trip from Central Pennsylvania to upstate NY, all highway about 400 miles. Will set tire pressure to 34 front 32 rear, be using Shell or Sunoco 87 for the entire trip. Generally have the climate control on, and use cruise control for most of the trip. I'll report results. My EX-L has about 3000 miles on it, so this should be a good test. Will report results.

Registered
2019 CR-V EX
Low range on fill up just means your latest MPG numbers were not great.

You can go into the trip system on the center display and reset the history, then if you drive carefully and get 30+ mpg you should see 350+ miles on the next fill up!

Registered
Hi fiends, 2 weeks ago I bought a honda CRV 2020 EX-L AWD and i have the same doubt, the consumptions are not as I thought they would be :(

is currently consuming an average of 8.5mk/L which is the equivalent of 20mpg

Registered
Hi fiends, 2 weeks ago I bought a honda CRV 2020 EX-L AWD and i have the same doubt, the consumptions are not as I thought they would be :(

is currently consuming an average of 8.5mk/L which is the equivalent of 20mpg
If you are speaking of 8.5 L / 100 km this translates to 27 mpg US or 33 mpg Imperial (Canadian), does not sound bad to me. If you mean 8.5 km/ L this is poor, 20 mpg US, unless all stop and go, slow traffic etc.

Premium Member
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory
Leaving Tuesday on a trip from Central Pennsylvania to upstate NY, all highway about 400 miles. Will set tire pressure to 34 front 32 rear, be using Shell or Sunoco 87 for the entire trip. Generally have the climate control on, and use cruise control for most of the trip. I'll report results. My EX-L has about 3000 miles on it, so this should be a good test. Will report results.
Ok, results from trip
1st segment, all highway 221.3 miles, some grades and some "pit" stops, 5.928 gallons, 37.33mpg
2nd segment, all highway 134.4 miles, fairly level, no stops, 3.074 gallons, 43.73mpg
3rd segment, all highway 166.4 miles, some traffic, 1 stop, 4.53 gallons, 36.73mpg
4th segment, all highway 198.5 miles 2 stops, rain, 5.243 gallons, 37.86mpg
These are actual, computed figures, the dash was always 1-2 mpg higher. My local mileage, mixed highway and local usually averages 32-33 computed.
Vehicle now has about 4300 miles, will probably get its 1st oil change next week.
Incidentally, most of the trip miles utilized cruise control (not in the rain) and the climate control was set to automatic at 68 degrees, outside temps from the mid thirties to about 55f, Fuel was either Shell or Sunoco 87. I think that this is what a CRV will typically do when driven in a reasonable manner.

Registered
2019 CR-V EX
My 2019 EX got me home from the desert yesterday (140 miles of freeway driving at a consistent 70-72 mph) with a 39.0 mpg reading. It generally reads 1.0 mpg higher than a manual calculation result. No complaints here.

Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
Basically.. two key things to keep in mind where comparing mpg results amongst us:

1) Your mileage may vary is not just a meme.. it is reality because it is real. Different fuel, different driving styles, different driving conditions, different countries, etc. etc. etc. all play a factor.

2) Attempting to dial in your particular fuel economy for your vehicle under your local conditions is best not attempted until you have several thousand miles on the engine.. to give it time to seat in to a long and efficient life.

Personally, where CRVs are concerned.. having owned several now over several generations.. what I do is calculate my actual mpg on my prior CRV, compare it to the "paper promise" from Honda, calculate the differential and then do the same with my latest CRV.. and compare the differential results. Between my gen3 CRV and my gen5 CRV... they are almost identical in terms of calculated differential of mpg actual vs spec. Of course at the same calculated differential.. the gen5 outperforms the gen3 by quite a bit... which it should.

By using a comparative differential analysis in this way.. I am comparing apples to apples in terms of driver, driving conditions, driving habits, fuel, etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts