181 - 200 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today (2/29/2020) I purchased:

2020 EX-L AWD
Modern Steel Metallic / Black Leather
MSRP: $32670.00
Discount off MSRP: $3868.00 (so $28,802 purchase price pre-tax/title/doc)
Add-ons: $100.00 for front row window tint
Today (2/29/2020) I purchased:

2020 EX-L AWD
Modern Steel Metallic / Black Leather
MSRP: $32670.00
Discount off MSRP: $3868.00 (so $28,802 purchase price pre-tax/title/doc)
Add-ons: $100.00 for front row window tint
Stuman74, I'm just getting underway here for a 2020 CRV. I was settling in on the EX-L FWD. Just basic research the cost was in the neighborhood of $28,500 OTD. Do you mind letting me know what your OTD cost was? Maybe an AWD is not that far out of my reach. BTW, I'm in NC. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you can get it fo
Stuman74, I'm just getting underway here for a 2020 CRV. I was settling in on the EX-L FWD. Just basic research the cost was in the neighborhood of $28,500 OTD. Do you mind letting me know what your OTD cost was? Maybe an AWD is not that far out of my reach. BTW, I'm in NC. Thanks
If you can get it for $28,500 OTD, jump all over it. Its only 3% tax in NC- so that is a steal. Best I could was about 30,500 OTD but GA tax is 3.3% higher. I ended up getting a KILLER deal on an 19, 25,975 OTD with window tint, wheel locks, tray, and mudguards, none of which were "removable".

·
Registered
121 Posts
My OTD was ~$31,600. Illinois taxes and fees are a little higher than some other states it seems (and I didn't have a trade). $28.5K sounds real good for the FWD version since the AWD is an $1500 up-charge. I think since we all have different tax and fee amounts state-to-state, the barometer should be the discount from MSRP for each of us. What number is that for you?

For me, I had:
$325 ERT/Doc fee
$301 Licence/Title fee
$2134 Tax

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you can get it fo

If you can get it for $28,500 OTD, jump all over it. Its only 3% tax in NC- so that is a steal. Best I could was about 30,500 OTD but GA tax is 3.3% higher. I ended up getting a KILLER deal on an 19, 25,975 OTD with window tint, wheel locks, tray, and mudguards, none of which were "removable".
I am in GA as well. What is the name of the dealer did you purchase your car from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you can get it fo

The $28,500 is the average from various websites, so I'm not positive the price is a reality. When I start looking in earnest, that price may be too optimistic. I'll probably start getting quotes online and let the bidding begin before I venture to a dealer. Who knows when that will be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The $28,500 is the average from various websites, so I'm not positive the price is a reality. When I start looking in earnest, that price may be too optimistic. I'll probably start getting quotes online and let the bidding begin before I venture to a dealer. Who knows when that will be.
MSRP is $31,170. Assuming there are no accessories and doc fees are say 599, you would need to be around 27000 give or take. The very best price I could find was 27,900 before any fees. It MIGHT be doable, but you may be reaching a long way out of state. You might try Bryan Honda in Fayetteville, that is where I bought my last Civic in 2018.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in GA as well. What is the name of the dealer did you purchase your car from?
Nalley Honda in Atlanta. They have a couple 19's left. If you want I can give you the name if the Internet Sales Manager in Newnan who was PHENOMENAL. She was just honest and said I cant touch that price. If you are familiar with the taxes here- $25,975 OTD was a steal. I can provide a breakout if necessary for reference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nalley Honda in Atlanta. They have a couple 19's left. If you want I can give you the name if the Internet Sales Manager in Newnan who was PHENOMENAL. She was just honest and said I cant touch that price. If you are familiar with the taxes here- $25,975 OTD was a steal. I can provide a breakout if necessary for reference.
For an EXL, you got a really good deal. Can't even buy a Toyota RAV4 LE with that price.
I think I inquired about a CRV Hybrid a month ago with Nalley. They tend to overcharge the add on and Doc fee. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I will be interesting to see what kind of response you get. I worked with six different dealers for a CR-V hybrid and they went from MSRP to a little below invoice. Dealers don't have their usual incentives of up to $1500 on hybirds so they are less able to give big discounts. And the other incentives ($1000 loyalty award, $500 conquest award) do not apply to hybrids. Given that the hybrid is $1200 more than the non-hybrid to begin with, there could be about $3K difference.

A few dealers I talked to were still confident that when people were able to buy again the hybrid would sell very well, so they weren't dealing aggressively.

Let us know how it goes. And where are you located?
I have a dealer ready to go at $34900 before taxes, best I could get from calling and emailing 8 dealers.

Basically a $2170 discount from MSRP. I think I could have done better had it not been, like you said, for the hybrid being a new, sought after model. It seems a lot of the dealers "know what they've got", and just won't go lower, especially for the harder to find Touring.

I'm sure a better deal could have been negotiated for a non-hybrid CR-V, but just needed to get the hybrid in my case.

·
Registered
2016 Civc EX, 2020 CR-V EX Hybrid
37 Posts
I have a dealer ready to go at $34900 before taxes, best I could get from calling and emailing 8 dealers.

Basically a $2170 discount from MSRP. I think I could have done better had it not been, like you said, for the hybrid being a new, sought after model. It seems a lot of the dealers "know what they've got", and just won't go lower, especially for the harder to find Touring.

I'm sure a better deal could have been negotiated for a non-hybrid CR-V, but just needed to get the hybrid in my case.
That sounds like a fair price given the situation. Enjoy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought a 2020 Touring AWD last week.

MSRP - 35870
Selling price - 33724
Loyalty discount - (1000)
Doc fee - 75
Lic, Insp fee - 234
Tax (8.875%)- 3070
Honda Care 7yr80k - 899
Tire/Rim protection - 899

Bottom line - 38,822

This is in NYC, very high tax.
I took the tire/rim package mostly to throw the salesman a bone, I had refused the Hondacare at his original price of $1995. I told him I could get it much cheaper at Hyannis Honda. He finally caved on that so I took it from him.

Almost totally done on line. We went to the showroom to pick it up, it was just us, another party picking up an Accord, the salesman and the general manager. Kind of eery experience.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bought a 2020 Touring AWD last week.
What does the Honda Care 7yr80k for $899 cover? Diagnostics, parts and labor? At any Honda dealer or just the one you bought from?

Sounds like a wise investment with everything computer controlled on cars these days. Replacing one control module can cost that much or more!

·
Registered
20 Posts
It covers almost everything, and it's a zero deductible policy.
I just used a policy like this on my 2016 Ford Edge. The APIM, which is the brains of the Sync3 and navigation system, went bad. The cost would have been about $1000, but I just paid the $50 deductible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What does the Honda Care 7yr80k for $899 cover? Diagnostics, parts and labor? At any Honda dealer or just the one you bought from?

Sounds like a wise investment with everything computer controlled on cars these days. Replacing one control module can cost that much or more!
I have this exact coverage on my 2014 Accord (7/80) and I paid $688 at the time I bought it. It covers almost everything that was included under the original warranty (with a few exceptions) and has a $50 deductible. I've used it to replace a bad driver window motor and some airbag sensor that kept making the airbag light go off intermittently. Cost me $50 because I did them both at the same time, even though the total would've been almost $500. It basically paid for itself that one time. I still have a year and 30K miles left, and I'm thinking of taking it in for a few other minor annoyances as soon as things normalize.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just got a 2020 CRV EX-L AWD. Metallic red with gray interior. Cold weather package added in by dealer. $29124 out the door.
Nice! That's pretty amazing if no trade. How much was your discount off MSRP before all the tax/title/fees, etc.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, typo. $29424. $3668 off MSRP. That includes additional $600 off because it was on the lot over 4 months and $1000 incentive from Honda. No sales tax here and $200 gets you 4 year license so fees are low.
Apparently no one wanted the metallic red so I got a discount on the price.

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid EX
10 Posts
Hi - New to the forum, but it helped me tremendously when going through the purchase process. I wanted to return the favor so here is the deal I made earlier this week:
2020 CRV Hybrid EX Modern Steel
MSRP $31,380
Offer Price $29,521
Trade $750 * (Note: this was a 05 Corolla CE with 160+k miles and real "charm")
Tax $1,726
DMV $174
Doc $389

Total $31,060.
Included All weather Mats.

Philadelphia PA Dealership, who were amazing to work with (Piazza Honda). If anyone wants the specific POCs I worked with shoot me a note. Great service and very pleasant experience. Did everything online and picked up the car in about 20 minutes of document signing, with all precautions in place. All this with a price I found to be competitive.

For what it's worth, they also gave me pricing of a Hybrid EXL (Offer $31,352 plus tax/tags). I chose the EX as I actually liked the look and feel of the cloth better than the leather option - obviously just a personal opinion.

I saw recommendations for Hyannis on the forum for the HondaCare D80 warranty plan, I'm going to explore that. Has anyone purchased that service plan for the 2020 Hybrid?

ED

181 - 200 of 238 Posts