Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

201 - 220 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Emboldened by Theman5's post directly above, here are two two quotes I just received in Southern CA:

2020 CR-V EX-L Black Ext/Grey Int

Dealer 1:
Sale price with D&H: $28331
Dealer Installed Accessories that "can't be removed": $1190...gonna keep working on these (Clear shield and Protection Packages)
Total price before TTL: $29521

Dealer 2:
Sales price: $28587
Includes disabling the Honda version of Lojack I didn't want (edit) and another $995 of mats/trunk tray/wheel locks.
Total price before TTL: $29164

We should be able to qualify for both the Conquest and Healthcare workers discounts ($1000 total) to help offset the (for dealer #2) roughly $2755 sales tax (ouch, I know) and $450 registration fees (more ouch...the price I pay for balmy days and no snow).

So best case OTD $31384 in SoCal. What do you think?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi - New to the forum, but it helped me tremendously when going through the purchase process. I wanted to return the favor so here is the deal I made earlier this week:
2020 CRV Hybrid EX Modern Steel
MSRP $31,380
Offer Price $29,521
Trade $750 * (Note: this was a 05 Corolla CE with 160+k miles and real "charm")
Tax $1,726
DMV $174
Doc $389

Total $31,060.
Included All weather Mats.

Philadelphia PA Dealership, who were amazing to work with (Piazza Honda). If anyone wants the specific POCs I worked with shoot me a note. Great service and very pleasant experience. Did everything online and picked up the car in about 20 minutes of document signing, with all precautions in place. All this with a price I found to be competitive.

For what it's worth, they also gave me pricing of a Hybrid EXL (Offer $31,352 plus tax/tags). I chose the EX as I actually liked the look and feel of the cloth better than the leather option - obviously just a personal opinion.

I saw recommendations for Hyannis on the forum for the HondaCare D80 warranty plan, I'm going to explore that. Has anyone purchased that service plan for the 2020 Hybrid?

ED
I am being quoted $1449 for the 8 yr 120k plan on a 2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring AWD ($34,500). This is from College Honda in Ohio. Supposedly they have the best deals on Honda Warranty plans along with Hyannis.

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid EX
10 Posts
I am being quoted $1449 for the 8 yr 120k plan on a 2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring AWD ($34,500). This is from College Honda in Ohio. Supposedly they have the best deals on Honda Warranty plans along with Hyannis.
Thanks - I did get a quote from College and Hyannis. Looks like Hyannis was slightly lower for the warranty plans. I was looking at the D80 (100k miles / 8 years) and Hyannis was lower by about $70. Both were several hundred dollars lower than what my dealer offered directly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi - New to the forum, but it helped me tremendously when going through the purchase process. I wanted to return the favor so here is the deal I made earlier this week:
MSRP $31,380
Offer Price $29,521
Tax $1,726
DMV $174
Doc $389

Total $31,060.

Philadelphia PA Dealership, who were amazing to work with (Piazza Honda). If anyone wants the specific POCs I worked with shoot me a note. Great service and very pleasant experience. Did everything online and picked up the car in about 20 minutes of document signing, with all precautions in place. All this with a price I found to be competitive.

For what it's worth, they also gave me pricing of a Hybrid EXL (Offer $31,352 plus tax/tags). I chose the EX as I actually liked the look and feel of the cloth better than the leather option - obviously just a personal opinion.

I saw recommendations for Hyannis on the forum for the HondaCare D80 warranty plan, I'm going to explore that. Has anyone purchased that service plan for the 2020 Hybrid?

ED
Given the location and the name, I'm wondering whether the dealership has any owners connected with Mets Hall of Famer Mike Piazza, who's from the Philadelphia area?

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring | Modern Steel Metallic | Black Leather
31 Posts
Hello... I purchased an extended HondaCare warranty on my 2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring. It’s a good value if you ask me! I had one on my 2019 Insight Touring that I traded in. Paid $1,085 for it and got $950 back. Owned the car for 14 months and had 26,000 miles on it. My dealer sold me the 8 year/120,000 mile plan for $1,200. I purchased the plan for my Insight from Tauni at College Hills Honda out of Ohio. She was really nice to work with, very pleasant and kind.... did it all over the phone. Also, best to purchase before 6,000 miles to get the best price. I highly recommend HondaCare.

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid EX
10 Posts
Given the location and the name, I'm wondering whether the dealership has any owners connected with Mets Hall of Famer Mike Piazza, who's from the Philadelphia area?
Yes - it was his father’s car business and now he runs it. I remember an Inquirer article about it a few years back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello... I purchased an extended HondaCare warranty on my 2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring. It’s a good value if you ask me! I had one on my 2019 Insight Touring that I traded in. Paid $1,085 for it and got $950 back. Owned the car for 14 months and had 26,000 miles on it. My dealer sold me the 8 year/120,000 mile plan for $1,200. I purchased the plan for my Insight from Tauni at College Hills Honda out of Ohio. She was really nice to work with, very pleasant and kind.... did it all over the phone. Also, best to purchase before 6,000 miles to get the best price. I highly recommend HondaCare.
Tauni is definitely amazing to work with!

BTW, $1200 for the 8yr/120k plan on the Hybrid Touring CRV? That's a great deal. I haven't purchased yet so maybe I'll call up your dealer if you don't mind letting me know where you bought it from?

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring | Modern Steel Metallic | Black Leather
31 Posts
Tauni is definitely amazing to work with!

BTW, $1200 for the 8yr/120k plan on the Hybrid Touring CRV? That's a great deal. I haven't purchased yet so maybe I'll call up your dealer if you don't mind letting me know where you bought it from?
I felt like it was really good deal,do keep in mind that it was the plan with the $100 dollar deductible per incident, my Insight plan was $0 dollar deductible. But any way you slice it, a dealers diagnostic fee for 50-60 bucks plus labor/parts, you’re going to be over that $100 fairly quickly. He wouldn’t do any “wheeling and dealing” on the $0 deductible plan, so we decided that this was a good option considering you’re purchasing something you may not (hopefully not!) need to use. It’s all a gamble but I think it’s a fair price for the peace of mind it provides.

We purchased ours from Bob Howard Honda in OKC.... I will say this, I DO NOT recommend this dealer as we had a terrible experience with the New Car Sales Manager who was just downright rude to us, our salesman forgot to give us our manuals, cargo cover, gave us our front floor mats but not the rear. It wasn’t till I got home (45 minute drive one way and it was already 8:00 PM) I noticed all this so I called the salesman and he blamed us for not seeing them, losing them, or trying to get extras out of the dealership. It was just a mess.... I finally had to drive up there and get the accessories. I don’t think anyone said one word to me, they put everything in a pile in the cargo area and went inside. Really unprofessional staff. So if you want to, you can look them up and see if you can get a good purchase price on it, but I don’t recommend them at all. They were the only ones in the city that had them at that time (even now other dealers have 1-2 in stock and most aren’t Touring trim) so we just suffered through it and haven’t been back since.

I wish you luck! HondaCare is a good value for the coverage it provides!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I felt like it was really good deal,do keep in mind that it was the plan with the $100 dollar deductible per incident, my Insight plan was $0 dollar deductible. But any way you slice it, a dealers diagnostic fee for 50-60 bucks plus labor/parts, you’re going to be over that $100 fairly quickly. He wouldn’t do any “wheeling and dealing” on the $0 deductible plan, so we decided that this was a good option considering you’re purchasing something you may not (hopefully not!) need to use. It’s all a gamble but I think it’s a fair price for the peace of mind it provides.

We purchased ours from Bob Howard Honda in OKC.... I will say this, I DO NOT recommend this dealer as we had a terrible experience with the New Car Sales Manager who was just downright rude to us, our salesman forgot to give us our manuals, cargo cover, gave us our front floor mats but not the rear. It wasn’t till I got home (45 minute drive one way and it was already 8:00 PM) I noticed all this so I called the salesman and he blamed us for not seeing them, losing them, or trying to get extras out of the dealership. It was just a mess.... I finally had to drive up there and get the accessories. I don’t think anyone said one word to me, they put everything in a pile in the cargo area and went inside. Really unprofessional staff. So if you want to, you can look them up and see if you can get a good purchase price on it, but I don’t recommend them at all. They were the only ones in the city that had them at that time (even now other dealers have 1-2 in stock and most aren’t Touring trim) so we just suffered through it and haven’t been back since.

I wish you luck! HondaCare is a good value for the coverage it provides!
Oh wow, what a mess they put you through! I'll definitely stay away from them with that behavior!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please put model of CRV, (LX, EX, EXL, Touring)

FWD or AWD and price you paid before any trade in is accounted for.

Power 1.5 T or hybrid

List dealer installed accessories separately.

Also keep Taxes title and fees separate.

List dealer, City, State where purchased

Picture of your new ride is encouraged.
Just bought a CR-V EX-L AWD (Silver Lunar Metallic with black interior) in NW PA

MSRP = $ 31,550
Total vehicle price with Destination and handling + "free" splash guards ($149) = $32,819
Dealer price = $29,698 (incl. $500 Conquest incentive)
Actual price paid, after taxes, fees $32,062.35 (no accessories or other offered add-ons)

Did get an offer from another dealer for a comparable dealer price of $30,205

·
Registered
1 Posts
MSRP $31,380
Offer Price $29,521
Tax $1,726
DMV $174
Doc $389

Total $31,060.

ED
Ed,

Who did you deal with at Piazza? Was that at the Automall or in Delco? I'm about to turn in our 2017 Accord Hybrid EX-L for the CRV Hybrid EX-L. We used Saccucci Honda for the D80 Warranty purchase on our 2019 Pilot.

Thanks,

Ira

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 Honda CRV EX FWD Black with Black Interior 1.5T
$25,333 Subtotal (Includes Customer Service Fee)
Dealer Installed: Nitrogen, Splash Guards, Tint ($500 for all)
OTD price to include Tax,Title, Tags $27,830
Airport Honda Alcoa, TN

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to derail this since it's a purchase-price thread, but why buy the hybrid at a premium cost? If anything, they should give a gov't rebate for buying a car that is more environmentally friendly. Maybe in 5-10 years when the batteries are even more efficient and bringing the price down.

I thought hard about it myself when I bought my 2020 EX-L AWD a couple months ago. I paid $3,868 under MSRP (not counting TTLD). If you are telling me the hybrid version of this is going to cost $1400 more than MSRP to start with and get less of a discount on the purchase price, say $1000 off MSRP, that would make it over $4200 more. Divided over 8 years of ownership, that's about $44/mo extra per month.

Now, if you get 50% more MPG each month compared to the gas version, that's where you hope to come ahead, right? Well, assume 1000 miles per month and pay an average of $3.00/gal (after this pandemic ends). The gas version at 27 mpg costs $111/mo in gas. The hybrid version at 40 mpg would cost $75/mo in gas. Right there that just about washes out the added cost of the hybrid, but no cost savings at all!

So other than being more green (which of course is a good thing), why bother with the hybrid versions of the CR-V? I don't see it as being more cost effective.
You got 3868.00 off MSRP, that would make it 28,777.00 if your using 32,670.00 as MSRP, invoice is 30,729.00 including destination and handling. That's 1952.00 below invoice, why would they do that and what dealer was it. The best I have been able to do is 2170.00 off 32,670.00 MSRP. Did they by chance add anything to your MSRP like dealer installed items or fees ? If I add Finishing Touch Protection at 795.00 plus a Pro Pac 495.00, plus window tint 200.00 my MSRP would be 34160.00. All of a sudden now I'm getting 3859.00 off MSRP but my bottom line is 30,500.00 out the door. If I factor in the 199.00 bogus administration fee my MSRP would be 34359.00 minus 30,500.00 out the door = 3859.00 discount. I guess it's all in how you look at it, if you got 3868.00 off 32670.00 you did great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got a 2020 CRV EX-L AWD. Metallic red with gray interior. Cold weather package added in by dealer. $29124 out the door.
Great price, best I've been able to find here in Mo. is $30,500.00 OTD. What dealer did you buy from, thanks ! My price included Pro Pac and window Tint.

201 - 220 of 238 Posts