Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

361 - 380 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seems to good to be true. I called them and he said it is the end of the month and they have 354 CR-V's. He assured me the price is not with rebates and it is a real price. I am going today to hopefully get one. If they try and screw me I will walk away.
That is a really good price. $7000+ discount is unheard of from Honda. What dealer is it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Seems to good to be true. I called them and he said it is the end of the month and they have 354 CR-V's. He assured me the price is not with rebates and it is a real price. I am going today to hopefully get one. If they try and screw me I will walk away.
wow

·
Registered
79 Posts
I paid $25K OTD for my 2012 EX AWD — a level below the EX-L — eight years ago, and the level of tech on today's EXs and EX-Ls is obviously a lot higher than it was then. I'd say that $25K price for the 2020 EX-L AWD is an absolute steal. Hope it worked out for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you get that price you will be the hero of this thread. Will be interesting to hear what pain and games they put you thru. Hope I'm wrong for your sake...
Month end Friday/Saturday's are great opportunities, however, when has the house lost? Hope our super hero reverses the odds.

·
Registered
2020 EX-L AWD
39 Posts
OK, so the deal was not what they said. Even though I asked if that price included rebates and they said no; it did. So I got angry because I just drove an hour and was getting up to leave and the manager asked me to sit down and talk so we can work something out. 2020 Obsidian blue pearl EX-L AWD with mudguards, wheel locks, and nitrogen MSRP $32,770. I got it for $29,331 out the door including Delaware tax and tags. I feel I got the best deal I could get at the last day of the month. Dealer was Heritage Honda in Fallston Maryland

·
Registered
52 Posts
OK, so the deal was not what they said. Even though I asked if that price included rebates and they said no; it did. So I got angry because I just drove an hour and was getting up to leave and the manager asked me to sit down and talk so we can work something out. 2020 Obsidian blue pearl EX-L AWD with mudguards, wheel locks, and nitrogen MSRP $32,770. I got it for $29,331 out the door including Delaware tax and tags. I feel I got the best deal I could get at the last day of the month. Dealer was Heritage Honda in Fallston Maryland

So what was that $25k price?? In simple words please

·
Registered
2020 EX-L AWD
39 Posts

So what was that $25k price?? In simple words please
It include every rebate Honda offered. Like military, college grad, loyalty, etc. If you qualified for every single rebate that is what you would get it for. I qualified for none. LOL
I had specifically asked the guy if that was the case and he said no. BUT he did also say to read the details in his email (the fine print at the bottom of the picture). I did not and that is where it says about the rebates. So he lied to me but I also did not read the "details" like he said to do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It include every rebate Honda offered. Like military, college grad, loyalty, etc. If you qualified for every single rebate that is what you would get it for. I qualified for none. LOL
I had specifically asked the guy if that was the case and he said no. BUT he did also say to read the details in his email (the fine print at the bottom of the picture). I did not and that is where it says about the rebates. So he lied to me but I also did not read the "details" like he said to do.
That dealer made my day, LOL !! Just like a Toyota dealer trying to sell me 2019 non hybrid Limited over MSRP. These are the crooks whom Elon Musk is eating raw.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Excluding all three rebates you didn't qualify. You got around $4500 off. Still not bad. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What was the price before taxes and tags since every state is different?

So the dealers bait and switch worked like dream.. Although you price is still reasonable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How much did you pay for the nitrogen in the tyres!? Air is 78% nitrogen. While there may be a tiny benefit its just another sign of a pathetic scam by the dealer. Last time I bought a car they wouldnt remove the wheel locks and nitrogen extras since they were 'already installed' . I offered to remove them myself and after 1/2 hr back and forth they eventually relented. I got free nitrogen! Yey!!. They didn't even charge me extra for the air in the car.

It wasn't the money but more the principle of it. If customers let themselves be exploited then dealers will continue to try these scams. As others have said, eventually Elon Musk will contribute to breaking the manufacturer/dealer construct since it archaic.

·
Registered
2020 EX-L AWD
39 Posts
How much did you pay for the nitrogen in the tyres!? Air is 78% nitrogen. While there may be a tiny benefit its just another sign of a pathetic scam by the dealer. Last time I bought a car they wouldnt remove the wheel locks and nitrogen extras since they were 'already installed' . I offered to remove them myself and after 1/2 hr back and forth they eventually relented. I got free nitrogen! Yey!!. They didn't even charge me extra for the air in the car.

It wasn't the money but more the principle of it. If customers let themselves be exploited then dealers will continue to try these scams. As others have said, eventually Elon Musk will contribute to breaking the manufacturer/dealer construct since it archaic.
Taxes are cheap in Delaware. Tax and tags were around $1K. The car was $28,200 something before taxes and tags. I paid NOTHING extra for the nitrogen, wheel locks, and mud guards. They did not even mention it. Again $29,331 for everything. I thought the price was more than reasonable and no other dealer I went too was close to this price which is why I did the deal. Your right it pissed me off and I wanted to leave regardless but my wife pulled me aside and reminded me that this price beat our cheapest price by a good amount and we are already here. So I put my anger aside and did the deal. We financed it through Honda at the 1.9% for 60 months

·
Registered
2020 EX-L AWD
39 Posts
One more thing I do not know if you guys know. Never seen this before at a dealer. When we went in to sign all the papers the desk was a giant computer screen with stylist and you do everything signing on the giant desk computer screen. We got no paperwork and the lady said that we would be recieving it in a email probably Monday. She said that is the way they do it now and they do not print anything anymore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased:

EX Hybrid in Sonic Gray

AWD

It had edge guards, wheel locks, nitrogen filled tires, and vin etching, all of which I had no interest in, which I got them to knock off $1000 for. This is with the sunroof package.

Matteson, IL

MSRP was $32,475
Paid $29,615

I also picked up a 100,000 mile warranty (unlimited years) for $1900 and dent/nick packages for $450 on top of it. We have high taxes (9.5%), so after taxes and fees and the warranties, it came to $35,100.

·
Registered
52 Posts
One thing I did with the finance guy : Deliberately said his name wrong! He put his name plate in front of me. I said yeah I was watching dateline murder episode last night and I cannot get that name off my brain. He took extra care to get me out as soon as possible and did not try any Zurich crap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
One thing I did with the finance guy : Deliberately said his name wrong! He put his name plate in front of me. I said yeah I was watching dateline murder episode last night and I cannot get that name off my brain. He took extra care to get me out as soon as possible and did not try any Zurich crap.
I like that tactic. Will remember it for the next time I buy a car. The guy when I bought my CRV got annoyed because I refused to explain why I didn't want any off his add-ons. This seemed to defeat his justification for them and he just gave up quickly and set to processing the paperwork to get me out of his office as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
2020 EX-L AWD
39 Posts
I like that tactic. Will remember it for the next time I buy a car. The guy when I bought my CRV got annoyed because I refused to explain why I didn't want any off his add-ons. This seemed to defeat his justification for them and he just gave up quickly and set to processing the paperwork to get me out of his office as quickly as possible.
They tried to sell me the extended warranty and I had already inquired about Honda Care with Hyannis Honda and had their quotes on my phone. I showed her and said can you beat these prices? She said no so I said move on

361 - 380 of 402 Posts