Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

561 - 580 of 597 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,185 Posts
Hi everyone. Just bought crv ex awd for otd 28800. Is it a good deal?
If you think it was a good deal, then it was.

However, if you want us to evaluate it, we need more info.

Please read the first post in this thread.

Welcome to the forum, and CR-V ownership! We hope you will love both!

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI all!
New to this forums but been in the Honda Family for over 20+ years and other Accord Forums. Mrs and I looking to get the CRV and were quoted:

EX-L AWD
Sale Price: $29,500 (1.9% APR)
Accessory: Heated Steering Wheel for $859

No details on TTL (Illinois), but for the Sale price and accessory, think its a good price?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a offer for 4dr LX FWD In texas
Selling price 23500
Document 189
Tax 1468.75
Non tax fee 252.51

total 25,410.26
Is that a good deal?

according to truecar.com a great price is 23364 to 24816. I’m not sure if that’s out the door or before TTL.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got a offer for 4dr LX FWD In texas
Selling price 23500
Document 189
Tax 1468.75
Non tax fee 252.51

total 25,410.26
Is that a good deal?

according to truecar.com a great price is 23364 to 24816. I’m not sure if that’s out the door or before TTL.
Its nice they are not giving you many unnecessary fees. Seems reasonable but keep searching until they say you are crazy or buy somewhere else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I've been calling, emailing, and going to various dealerships throughout PA/NJ. This is the best offer I came across:

2020 Honda CR-V EX
Price: $26,292
Tax: $1788
Reg/Fees: $1084 (documentation fee: $699, DMV : $369, electronic filing fee: $6, tire tax: $8)
OTD Cost: $29,189

Is this a good deal?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Doc fee is high, they will budge on it. Honda of Princeton is constantly emailing me that they are waiving doc fees. The dealer will say its the law or mandatory but its not, and even if it was they can lower the vehicles price to make up for it. The OTD is what matters to you. If you are not in a hurry the 21's will come out next month so they might be willing to move the 20's at a discount.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am in SF, CA. I got an offer for 2020 CRV EX FWD
Price: $25,788
Tax (8.5%): $2,199
Registration and fees: $530
OTD: $28,517
Is this a good deal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 Hybrid Touring
AWD
$33,470 (no trade in)
List dealer installed accessories: “Honda Protection Package” consisting of window tint, wheel locks, pin stripes, mud guard, trunk-cargo tray and door edge guard.
TT&L as shown on attached ( over $2,500)
Dallas Texas
Which dealership? thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, this is definitely a good deal. Would you minding sharing the name of dealer?
Thanks,
Qiantao
Hello! I've been calling, emailing, and going to various dealerships throughout PA/NJ. This is the best offer I came across:

2020 Honda CR-V EX
Price: $26,292
Tax: $1788
Reg/Fees: $1084 (documentation fee: $699, DMV : $369, electronic filing fee: $6, tire tax: $8)
OTD Cost: $29,189

Is this a good deal?

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 2WD
269 Posts
Yes. The dealership I bought from adds a package with rubber floor mats, cargo mat, mudguards, wheel locks and nitrogen for $599. I balked and they added $599 to the discount which I'm sure is all a part of their game but yes, $995 is too much. Ask them to delete the accessories.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd pay $100 for those accessories so your paying $895 for nitrogen. Air is 78% nitrogen and last time I checked, was free. So they're basically padding the price by $900. When this happened to me they said they were already installed and couldn't be removed. I said I'd be happy to remove them for them and they said don't bother and gave me them for free. It a ploy just to test the metal of the buyer. Refuse them and walk out if necessary. They'll call you back.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am getting frustrated with the lack of inventory here in the American Pacific Northwest. In my local rural area there has only been one Hybrid EX with the exact color combo we want, and it sold the day after the lockdown was lifted six months ago. For six months Honda has mostly been sending Hybrid Tourings in White with a Black interior. A dealer a hundred miles away had a Hybrid EX-L in the colors we wanted and I planned on trying to get a deal on the last day of September, but I was snipped the day before by a local buyer who paid full price. My closest local dealer will order what we want for MSRP plus BS fees. Heck if I have to pay full price, then I might as well wait for the 2021 models.

Since they only have Hybrid Tourings for over $37,000 USD then I might as well get a 2021 Toyota Venza XLE which seems to offer more features plus ventilated seats for a similar price.

The last alternative is wait until the end of the year and drive 300 miles to Portland or Seattle to try and score a CR-V Hybrid EX for under $30,000 USD out the door.

561 - 580 of 597 Posts