Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

641 - 660 of 679 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a touring for $34,600 OTD with TTL, NJ taxes (6%). 40k would be overpriced. Run it by us before you buy. Call and email a dozen dealers tell them to beat $34,600 OTD, getting close tot he end of the month could be in your favor as well.
The dealer would not deal with me. It's Nov. 3rd now - should I wait til January to buy a 2021? I'm going to check other dealers in other states -- WV does not want to deal :)

·
Registered
2015 CRV AWD EX-L, 2020 CRV AWD Hybrid Touring
44 Posts
The dealer would not deal with me. It's Nov. 3rd now - should I wait til January to buy a 2021? I'm going to check other dealers in other states -- WV does not want to deal :)
Suggestion:
Draft an e-mail that says this:
"I have already made my decision that I want a CR-V, I have driven one, and know that is what I want. I intend to buy a 2020 <color>, <trim>, <FWD/AWD/Hybrid> CR-V within 2 weeks. You and <6/7/8/9/10> other dealers are getting this e-mail. Please reply with your best price on the vehicle I have identified, as well as when you can have it available for pick up. I don't intend to come to your shop and experience a lot of haggling, back and forth, bait and switch, etc. This is a vehicle procurement exercise. Best price will win, and I will inform you of my decision. Thank you for your time and for the offer to buy a vehicle from you."

Then sit back and wait. Take the best 2 prices you receive, and let the 2nd place delaer see if they can beat the first place. Then make your decision let the deler know, and move on.

You will get some pricing back by e-mail, and some "hey, come in and drive it and let's talk," Don't even respond or go to any dealer in the second category. It is 2020, it's a pandemic, and these guys all know how to do business virtually.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Suggestion:
"I have already made my decision that I want a CR-V, I have driven one, and know that is what I want. I intend to buy a 2020 <color>, <trim>, <FWD/AWD/Hybrid> CR-V within 2 weeks. You and <6/7/8/9/10> other dealers are getting this e-mail. Please reply with your best price on the vehicle I have identified, as well as when you can have it available for pick up. I don't intend to come to your shop and experience a lot of haggling, back and forth, bait and switch, etc. This is a vehicle procurement exercise. Best price will win, and I will inform you of my decision. Thank you for your time and for the offer to buy a vehicle from you."

Then sit back and wait. Take the best 2 prices you receive, and let the 2nd place delaer see if they can beat the first place. Then make your decision let the deler know, and move on.

You will get some pricing back by e-mail, and some "hey, come in and drive it and let's talk," Don't even respond or go to any dealer in the second category. It is 2020, it's a pandemic, and these guys all know how to do business virtually.
Thank you! I will be doing this today!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you! I will be doing this today!
I would also suggest that they give you the price of the vehicle, including desitnation charges, as well as any normal dealer doc fees, itemized installed accessories, etc, so you have the full picture. The government tax you can't dodge regardless, so make sure they itemize the price of the car, the dealer doc fees, and any other "Charges" they may add (which may be accessories, although, I would shy away from any 'pre-installed' accessories. See my previous post for how they should itemize it for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would also suggest that they give you the price of the vehicle, including desitnation charges, as well as any normal dealer doc fees, itemized installed accessories, etc, so you have the full picture. The government tax you can't dodge regardless, so make sure they itemize the price of the car, the dealer doc fees, and any other "Charges" they may add (which may be accessories, although, I would shy away from any 'pre-installed' accessories. See my previous post for how they should itemize it for you.
Thanks. I sent out a couple emails already. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I totaled the 2020 crv exl I bought on 10/14. This time i decided on the Hybrid exl 2020 and ended up buying from the same dealer who sold me the first one.

MSRP: 33970
Sale price: 30800
Loyalty discount: 30300
Dealer fee: 152.50
Title/Registration: 481.75
Tax: 3234
OTD: 34168
Tacoma, Wa

Free all weather mats and cargo mat. They said I should be eligible for the 1.9% apr. I felt like this was the best deal I could have gotten.

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
So I totaled the 2020 crv exl I bought on 10/14. This time i decided on the Hybrid exl 2020 and ended up buying from the same dealer who sold me the first one.

MSRP: 33970
Sale price: 30800
Loyalty discount: 30300
Dealer fee: 152.50
Title/Registration: 481.75
Tax: 3234
OTD: 34168

Free all weather mats and cargo mat. They said I should be eligible for the 1.9% apr. I felt like this was the best deal I could have gotten.
Sorry to hear you had a total! Hope everyone is ok.

It helps if you tell us where you bought your new Hybrid! Perhaps click on the 3 dots at the top right and edit to add the city/state and dealer?

Reactions: Ragdoll_is_wnb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear you had a total! Hope everyone is ok.

It helps if you tell us where you bought your new Hybrid! Perhaps click on the 3 dots at the top right and edit to add the city/state and dealer?
Thanks! Nothing broken and still alive so I'm counting my blessings :)

I wrote it in my previous post but updated it in this one.

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
Thanks! Nothing broken and still alive so I'm counting my blessing :)

I wrote it in my previous post but updated it in this one.
Thanks! The quick reference makes it easier for people who haven't followed the whole tread.

Reactions: Ragdoll_is_wnb

·
Registered
14 Posts
Suggestion:

I drafted an email like that to 10 dealerships and no one is haggling. I guess I’ll wait until the car is used after a year and save 10-15k. They are wanting 39-40k OTD for touring AWD w/ 1k accessories. I’ve done this for 4 months and the suvs are still on the lot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I drafted an email like that to 10 dealerships and no one is haggling. I guess I’ll wait until the car is used after a year and save 10-15k. They are wanting 39-40k OTD for touring AWD w/ 1k accessories. I’ve done this for 4 months and the suvs are still on the lot.
I just did some cars.com searches and a couple dealerships near me and some in WV and was easily able to find between $2000-$2500 off MSRP, before incentives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same thing with me. Trying one more time :0

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 EX-L AWD MSRP $32,770

Negotiated price - $29,215
Accessories - Pro-Pack - $426
IA Sales Tax (5%) - $1,422.05
Doc fee, title, etc - $248
$31,311.05 OTD

Pro-Pack is just all-weather floor mats in the front, back and trunk. Priced these out with WeatherTech and difference in cost was negligible.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,167 Posts
2020 EX-L AWD MSRP $32,770

Negotiated price - $29,215
Accessories - Pro-Pack - $426
IA Sales Tax (5%) - $1,422.05
Doc fee, title, etc - $248
$31,311.05 OTD

Pro-Pack is just all-weather floor mats in the front, back and trunk. Priced these out with WeatherTech and difference in cost was negligible.
just got 30k otd yesterday for a 2020 ex-l awd in nj for my step mom
They wouldnt do it on sonic grey but did modern steel lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
just got 30k otd yesterday for a 2020 ex-l awd in nj for my step mom
They wouldnt do it on sonic grey but did modern steel lol
What dealership was this and how did you negotiate it? Its not even the end of the month lol. Are they just desperate to move cars now or are you just a master negotiator? haha I went to Planet Honda in September and many of the DCH's along with some PA stores and these guys wouldn't budge too much. Show rooms were packed though. Seriously what did you do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is my quote on a 2020 CRV Touring, AWD from an Ohio dealer:

We do not collect sales tax for WV. Your numbers would look like this.

32,950 selling price
+ 250 doc fee
+186.81 all weather mats
+15 title fee
+20 temp tag fee

Your total out the door is $33,421.81

641 - 660 of 679 Posts