Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought our 3rd CRV (4th Honda) and I have a question about the Auto Lock Feature.
I went into the Settings Menu and selected "walk away auto lock" and it works 75% of the time. USUALLY, when I turn off the vehicle and exit, it beeps once when I close the door and a 2nd time when I get about 10' (3 meters) away. THIS IS HOW IT'S SUPPOSE TO WORK.

About 25% of the time I turn off the vehicle and exit and it beeps about 6 times very quickly when I close the door and the doors don't lock. I've gone through the manual about 5 times and I can't reference the 6 rapid beeps anywhere. I don't know why this happens, ANY IDEAS? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are kinda new to the site...try the SEARCH feature. I got lots of discussion.

Also, don't forget that you only get the V with a Quick Start Guide. Go to the Honda OwnerLink
owners.honda.com
to get the full 600+ page owners manual.

Happy reading... :)
Carbuff2

Thanks for the quick reply. I have the whole 600+ manual and have read through it 4-5 times and haven't seen any mention of "6 quick beeps upon exiting".

:(:(

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Carbuff2

Thanks for the quick reply. I have the whole 600+ manual and have read through it 4-5 times and haven't seen any mention of "6 quick beeps upon exiting".

:(:(
You have to let the dash finish closing down before exiting for the auto lock to work.

the beeps are telling you, that you exited too quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts