Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to try and blacked out the front chrome trim on my crv. It took me about an hour to do the front single piece (my first time) but it was worthy. There were about 2-3 spots where I could see a little bit of chrome so I patched it with a another small piece of film. If you look closely you can see the patch, but not from about 5 feet away.

I also tried to do the windows trim but I realized I was going to run out of film so I decided to take it off that in the future I’m definitely doing the all around windows trim. Here is a picture of the side trim I started but rooms off later since I didn’t have enough film.
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
524 Posts
Very nice and subtle!

I like that!

I'd leave the chrome around the doors/windows though. Too much "handling" on those parts of the car, so if it gets damaged, you'll end up having to rip the whole lot off.

Plasti-Dip might be a better option than film.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice and subtle!

I like that!

I'd leave the chrome around the doors/windows though. Too much "handling" on those parts of the car, so if it gets damaged, you'll end up having to rip the whole lot off.

Plasti-Dip might be a better option than film.
I’ve never done plasti-dip. Do you think it would hold better over time?

·
Banned
524 Posts
Most definitely yes.

Applied properly, it will withstand pressure washing too.

Adhesive film is notorious for perishing under pressure washing. That said, I still think leaving the chrome "as-is" is the better option.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
673 Posts
Looks good. Cheaper than going with the honda blackout kit wings.
Ive been working on colormatching the earlier 2017-2019 grill

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most definitely yes.

Applied properly, it will withstand pressure washing too.

Adhesive film is notorious for perishing under pressure washing. That said, I still think leaving the chrome "as-is" is the better option.
I’ll look into that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts