Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2017 EX front grill got a small accident, it was hit by one of those "slim" cones in the freeway that prevents cars from crossing the toll road. A car in front run over one and it came flying and hit the front grill. Small damage. I was thinking of replacing it with the 2020 front grill when it becomes available. Would that fit in my wifes 2017 EX?

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,475 Posts
The 2020 grill has been available from the parts dept for about 2 months.

if you want to put it on the 2017 you’ll have to swap the base it goes on as well, while the grill and wings are the same size they have different depths.

hard to explain in a post but i already started compiling 2020 parts to swap in

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Make sure that the millimeter radar emmitter/receiver array (behind the black trapezoid under the H logo) was not damaged in any way. If it was even slightly misaligned from the impact.. it will play hell with HondaSensing systems and will need dealer replacement and recalibration (this is NOT a do it yourself job by any means). Even messing with replacing the front grill could cause an issue, so be careful.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

did not hit the radar area... thank goodness. Just the edge of the grill and loosened/cracked the L shaped thing that goes around the headlight. The edge of the base (black part is a little loose too but not shaking) I do need to change the right headlight but no rush... still works like original.

thank you for the info... will visit the dealer and ask.... then on to the online Honda parts discount places... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts