·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Dimensions are almost identical to the CR-V.

Breeze
4,634 mm (182.4 inches)
1,855 mm (73 inches)
1,679 mm (66.1 inches)
wheelbase of 2,661 mm (104.7 inches).

2018 CR-V
180.6 inches
73 inches
66.5 inches
104.7 inches

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,511 Posts
Here is something with a difference. A Chinese variation on the CRV with a number of differences...

This will appeal to the Chinese market quite well. They like more painted trim, and less black plastics, rich paint colors, and they like more European style appearance features (which can be seen in this case with the front, rear, and lower side trim feartures). This has been a long running preference of Chinese buyers (I have had a number of discussions with my wifes family in China about different motor vehicles over the years, and we have had a lot of fun comparing difference in preferences).

Have to give Honda credit.. they do know their different markets tastes very well, and they do respond.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Impressive front-end, better than what the US has. It looks more like the current Accord and Civic.

It also has a trick rear armrest:

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Wow, that front end design is a huge improvement over the US version. I'd be all over one of these if I could get it with the good old reliable 2.4L engine my '07 has, and a 5-speed manual. And no, when it comes to the US, they do NOT know their markets well. They do not offer a single vehicle I would buy today.

Nice wheels too.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Wow, that front end design is a huge improvement over the US version. I'd be all over one of these if I could get it with the good old reliable 2.4L engine my '07 has, and a 5-speed manual. And no, when it comes to the US, they do NOT know their markets well. They do not offer a single vehicle I would buy today.

Nice wheels too.
It appears they know the US market very well, if sales are any indicator. http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/honda/honda-cr-v/

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L
165 Posts
Wow don't like that front end. What's up with the hood? It's raised up on the outter sides for some, who knows what, reason? Looks totally bizarre and pointless to me.

The wheels are better, but they again are using rim widths that give the tires a (slightly) pinched look. I'm just not a fan of that look, my apologies.

·
Super Moderator
7,511 Posts
Impressive front-end, better than what the US has. It looks more like the current Accord and Civic.

View attachment 136665

It also has a trick rear armrest:

View attachment 136666

View attachment 136667
Great find with the photos here. :)

The center audio console in the center armrest in the rear seating ---> totally made to serve the car limo for hire service market in China.. which is huge. Both companies and individuals run very profitable private hire car services in Chinas large cities.. so this vehicle will very much appeal to them. Even the color of the vehicle is the preferred car service color in China.

·
Super Moderator
7,511 Posts
Wow don't like that front end. What's up with the hood? It's raised up on the outter sides for some, who knows what, reason? Looks totally bizarre and pointless to me.

The wheels are better, but they again are using rim widths that give the tires a (slightly) pinched look. I'm just not a fan of that look, my apologies.
The hood appears to be a stock gen5 CRV hood. It is the front facia that is different and appears to be derived from the current generation Accord.

·
Super Moderator
7,511 Posts
Why is the"'console" in English??
My guess..... these are marketing photos for marketing to English speaking press outlets .... and as such may or may not represent localized language. Note that the front label on the license plate is also English.. as is the model name Breeze.. though other photos have Mandarin only on the licsense plate labels, and rear chrome emblems. So it may or may not reflect localization. If you seek out interior photos.. you will also see all the front dash instruments and controls are in English as well.

If you go to this site: and check out all the photos (there are a ton of them), you will see localization of language on some of the interior photos, and English on others...... so clearly the photos are all from a Honda press kit release. https://www.carscoops.com/2019/11/2...per-looking-cr-v-sibling-with-an-accord-face/

Example:

That said.. also note that actual physical buttons, with text on them are also in English. Same with the soft buttons on the menu on the Head Unit.

In reality.. most Chinese that would actually be buying this vehicle in China, are fluent in English. English is taught to children in school in China from kindergarten onward. When I walk the streets in China, kids love to come up to me to chat me up and show me who much English they know. :)

As I was browing through all the photos.. I actually saw that their is a HUD on/off button in the little button cluster to the left of the steering wheel. I would enjoy that feature a lot I think.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
It appears they know the US market very well, if sales are any indicator. http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/honda/honda-cr-v/
It takes a while for the effects of bad news to catch up, because so many people simply don't do due diligence in their research. Added to that, their sales would likely be much higher if it were not for the impact of that bad news so far. Then there is also choosing lesser of evils because of all the bad news out there on so many other vehicles. Still, I should have stated that no one (not just Honda) makes a new vehicle I'd buy right now. Honda's only saving grace currently is that they likely have offerings with fewer flaws than most others. But then that is debatable too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.