Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 HONDA CR-V BLACK EDITION
Just saw one at local stealership and it does look very nice, well its just CRV 2020 Touring blackened out and some minor changes but not bad looking. Still the price does not justify the look.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Just like that Rav 4 which I like A LOT better

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
You can get all those parts in the us except for the rear lower painted trim the embroidered seats & dash

they optioned the us with black accessories vs the actual ‘edition’

Wish they would sell body colored touring side garnish trim

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
and when scratched Lol

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
1,082 Posts
You can get all those parts in the us except for the rear lower painted trim the embroidered seats & dash

they optioned the us with black accessories vs the actual ‘edition’

Wish they would sell body colored touring side garnish trim
Buy the moldings, get your V's paint code, and then drop the moldings off at your local paint & auto body shop. I've done it before on past vehicles. It creates a truly custom look. Just make sure that the molding will accept paint.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Lol very true call it a black edition make it all black,

·
Registered
506 Posts
I do like the blacked out fake woodgrain trim on the interior. $1500.00 price difference from the Touring in Canada and only available in black or pearl white (for an extra $300.00). For me not worth the price. Would have been more compelling if Honda went the way of Acura with it’s ASpec models.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,634 Posts
An all black vehicle is a vehicle that really needs to be cleaned and detailed at least every week.. or it will look like some hard ridden mule forced to trek through wilderness trails. Not for me.

Even an all pearl white one is too much. I actually like the stock trim features of the gen5 CRVs.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,230 Posts
I see the normal rear spoiler at the top back of the CRV.. as per usual.
Thats not what I was referring to.

I meant the additional tailgate spoiler similar to the one I have on mine.

No running boards either....

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I had a black GMC Canyon p/u....nothing shines like a black vehicle, and yes, I washed/polished frequently. Got complements from folks almost every time I went for gas, which was also quite frequently. Traded it in on the CRV........have never gotten a complement on our modern steel V when gassing up. I keep it spotless outside/inside and under the hood as well....just my thing.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am not looking for complements on my cars but silver cars seem to be the easiest to maintain, especially in the winter with all the salt and our last 4 vehicles have been silver . Have not washed my silver TSX for several weeks and it still looks good. My modern steel metallic V looks great and is a nice change from the silver but a week after washing, it sure looks dirty with the salt. Black cars in our area look even worse. As I said earlier, if Honda went the way of Acura with their blacked out ASpec models in any colour, this would be very appealing.
Honda does not black out much of the trim on the black edition. All 2020 models come with partially blacked out front grills and smoked rear lights which look great.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
1,082 Posts
Problem with silver/gray cars is you can't find yours in a parking lot because everyone else is driving the same color. Another reason I like color in my paint job. Just my .02 worth, no haters please.
Where I live, everyone with a Gen 5 has the Steel colored one, including me! It's the best color they come in. I wanted the other grey shade but it was not available with black interior for 2019.

Actually, I don't mind that everyone around here has the Steel colored one. It's kind of like hiding in plain sight.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts