Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

361 - 380 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I used the HUD on the first day and haven't since
This hybrid drivetrain is so well designed that I just put it in drive let it do it's on thing and enjoy the drive
As said by others the flappy paddle regeneration is addictive
you hardly need to use the brakes

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used the HUD on the first day and haven't since
This hybrid drivetrain is so well designed that I just put it in drive let it do it's on thing and enjoy the drive
As said by others the flappy paddle regeneration is addictive
you hardly need to use the brakes
In my Accord Touring Hybrid, the only things I find useful in the continuous HUD are navigation instructions and Traffic Sign Recognition.

The navigation commands display the next turn, the name of the road to turn onto, and how far away it is. So it removes any need to look away from the road until you need to see exactly what the turn looks like. TSR reads speed limit signs, which is a good reminder (although the system isn't perfect - it can mistake Maryland Highway route signs for speed limits). I don't thonk the CR-V has it. But as long as HUD is up, it also flashes any change to other systems, like the speed set in ACC.

But I c an see how anybody who wants to pay attention to what the hybrid system is doing would want it.

The paddles are great. I find that I have developed the habit of braking by both the foot pedal and the left-hand paddle, which is quicker. My hand whiffs at the non-paddle whenever I brake in my wife's CR-V.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As the Honda plants will be closing for a week or more starting next week because of the coronavirus and as the CR-V Hybrid is finally available in the US, today I purchased the last of three that were received by a local Honda dealership in Florida. It seems that almost everything is shutting down around here because of the virus situation. So, I was lucky that this dealership was still open and had a CR-V Hybrid to sell me. And, I was able to purchase this 2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring with a trade-in of my 2017 CR-V EX-L (45,000 miles) for a little bit less that the amount I paid in December of 2016 when I traded in my 2012 Honda Accord EX-L for the 2017 CR-V EX-L. With only 30 miles of my driving the car, I can’t give others much advice. The sales man who sold it to me says that the filters will limit viruses from entering the car. So, I plan to drive the CR-V around a lot instead of just staying at home waiting for the virus situation to clear. :) Love the car so far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As the Honda plants will be closing for a week or more starting next week because of the coronavirus and as the CR-V Hybrid is finally available in the US, today I purchased the last of three that were received by a local Honda dealership in Florida. It seems that almost everything is shutting down around here because of the virus situation. So, I was lucky that this dealership was still open and had a CR-V Hybrid to sell me. And, I was able to purchase this 2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring with a trade-in of my 2017 CR-V EX-L (45,000 miles) for a little bit less that the amount I paid in December of 2016 when I traded in my 2012 Honda Accord EX-L for the 2017 CR-V EX-L. With only 30 miles of my driving the car, I can’t give others much advice. The sales man who sold it to me says that the filters will limit viruses from entering the car. So, I plan to drive the CR-V around a lot instead of just staying at home waiting for the virus situation to clear. :) Love the car so far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know the figures will be skewed by your trade-in, but can you tell us what the price of your new Hybrid was? Above, at or below MSRP?

·
Banned
524 Posts
I haven't tried the navigation with HUD but now you have told me about the feature I will give it a try
you learn something every day
I tried it a few times and found myself distracted and not looking at the road enough.

Hence why the last time I used it, I thought to myself, it'll be a long time before I use it again!!

·
Registered
CR-V Hybrid 2WD - Elegance
32 Posts
The sales man who sold it to me says that the filters will limit viruses from entering the car
This is a "sales man bullshit", the virus doesn't propagate over the air, but by contact.
Inside at any car you're safe, the problem coming when you get out the car, go to the supermarket and stay close (1 meter) to other positive people or touch a "box of everything" and then touch your mouth/eyes/nose.
Here the government stop the people to go out by car (you can go only to the supermarket, pharmacy or to the work), to limits any possibility to contact other persons.
It's very hard to live with this limits and how fast the people had change the life style, but after one month I've understand that it's necessary.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is ”sales man bullshit". I know. :) Believe it or not, the dealership started out with a price of $44,121 which included a Market Adjustment of $1,995 with additional options way overpriced and a protection package with a value of $2,863. I almost fell off my chair when they were talking about this good deal on a very limited stock Honda. I thought that after I presented my valuation starting with a full Honda dealer MSRP of 37,070 we came to an agreement on what I would pay. I thought this agreed upon price was fair to both the dealership and me.

When I returned the next day to pick up the CR-V and pay, I was presented with a bill that was $4,000 dollars higher than the previous agreed upon price. I finally ended up paying $900 more than the previous agreed upon price. I am 71 and don’t have much time to have my fun. As you might expect, I was not totally satisfied on the procedures that this dealership uses to increase their profits. While this may be the last Hybrid CR-V that they can sell for a time and they might have been able to sell it for a higher price to another person, they made a commitment to me at one price that was not kept.

Never the less, you only live one and I am happy to have this Hybrid CR-V to drive in these troubling times. Be safe out there.

·
Registered
CR-V Hybrid 2WD - Elegance
32 Posts
This is ”sales man bullshit". I know. :) Believe it or not, the dealership started out with a price of $44,121 which included a Market Adjustment of $1,995 with additional options way overpriced and a protection package with a value of $2,863. I almost fell off my chair when they were talking about this good deal on a very limited stock Honda. I thought that after I presented my valuation starting with a full Honda dealer MSRP of 37,070 we came to an agreement on what I would pay. I thought this agreed upon price was fair to both the dealership and me.

When I returned the next day to pick up the CR-V and pay, I was presented with a bill that was $4,000 dollars higher than the previous agreed upon price. I finally ended up paying $900 more than the previous agreed upon price. I am 71 and don’t have much time to have my fun. As you might expect, I was not totally satisfied on the procedures that this dealership uses to increase their profits. While this may be the last Hybrid CR-V that they can sell for a time and they might have been able to sell it for a higher price to another person, they made a commitment to me at one price that was not kept.

Never the less, you only live one and I am happy to have this Hybrid CR-V to drive in these troubling times. Be safe out there.

At the end the price was very good, enjoy your new Hybrid car!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Update on the HUD when using maps
Yes it does show you the directions as does the display in the speedo and also on the centre display(y)
So thats three in total all telling me the same thing :)

·
Banned
524 Posts
Update on the HUD when using maps
Yes it does show you the directions as does the display in the speedo and also on the centre display(y)
So thats three in total all telling me the same thing :)
Traditional Honda overkill!

I much prefer the central binnacle display - another reason why I dont use the HUD.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
This is a "sales man bullshit", the virus doesn't propagate over the air, but by contact.
Inside at any car you're safe, the problem coming when you get out the car, go to the supermarket and stay close (1 meter) to other positive people or touch a "box of everything" and then touch your mouth/eyes/nose.
Here the government stop the people to go out by car (you can go only to the supermarket, pharmacy or to the work), to limits any possibility to contact other persons.
It's very hard to live with this limits and how fast the people had change the life style, but after one month I've understand that it's necessary.
Correct information about the coronavirus plaguing us right now is very important. Misinformation can cause real harm here.

The virus DOES propagate by air as well as by contact. Reason: anyone who coughs or sneezes who is infected is expelling micro particles of spittle which contains the virus. As these particles are often very small, latest research testing demonstrates they can remain in aerosol form for as long as 30 minutes unless said air is being rapidly circulated and cleaned. Which is a primary reason that healthcare workers require an infected person to wear a mask inside any medical facility.

That said.. I agree that the sales man is full of it.... because while it is a hepa filter of sorts.. it is not medical grade and will not block/filter small coronavirus.

·
Registered
44 Posts
  1. Correct information about the coronavirus plaguing us right now is very important. Misinformation can cause real harm here.

The virus DOES propagate by air as well as by contact. Reason: anyone who coughs or sneezes who is infected is expelling micro particles of spittle which contains the virus. As these particles are often very small, latest research testing demonstrates they can remain in aerosol form for as long as 30 minutes unless said air is being rapidly circulated and cleaned. Which is a primary reason that healthcare workers require an infected person to wear a mask inside any medical facility.

That said.. I agree that the sales man is full of it.... because while it is a hepa filter of sorts.. it is not medical grade and will not block/filter small coronavirus.
    Thank you for posting this. I think many of us already know these facts but some do not, or may choose to disregard them. This is a time for all of us to join together with our efforts and commitment to saving lives, and educating others is crucial.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Two curious things that I can see in my first 600Km with the CR-V Hybrid that the reviews don’t say: First if the external temperature it’s low and you want (I hope!) the “hot air” inside the car, the thermal engine start many times until the internal temperature reach the set point.
Second, when you go down to the mountain/hill the battery charge fast (2-3km) and when it’s full charged the car use the termal-engine braking at high rpm (it’s a little bit uncomfortable) and not the electric-braking, may be to preserve the battery.
It's also for consistent brake response!

That is, you'd get a different brake response if regenerative braking is suddenly deactivated when the battery is full.

As explained by Naritomo Higuchi, the chief engineer for hybrid powertrain systems for Honda in Japan:

"...even if the hybrid battery becomes full on a long downhill grade, Honda has found a way to preserve the same level of regenerative braking—by sending electricity from the traction motor over to the starter/generator, which spins the engine a little higher just to use that energy."

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a HUD on my Accord and it's probably the best thing on the car. Because of that car's design, and my body's design, the steering wheel blocks the dash so it would be hard to see the speedometer. Second, because everything goes on ACC, I set that with the buttons and the HUD and it's gold. If you don't have a HUD, I get it, but once you've had it you want one in all of your cars. At least in my case.

The RAV4 Prime will have a HUD so we'll have to see where it goes but it's one of my maybe not a need but a really nice to have features.

·
Registered
121 Posts
we went out yesterday for a drive
every time I drive the CRV I am happy
I had the chance to see how it would overtake a slowcoach
I left it in drive haven't used sport mode yet and it is quick

361 - 380 of 410 Posts