Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

381 - 400 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
No spare tire is almost a deal killer for me. I had a flat in the middle of nowhere a couple of months ago and was glad I had a spare. What are your thoughts about the unit that comes with the hybrid?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have sense of what percentage of flats acquired on most roads (not talking Rubicon here) can actually be successfully sealed and inflated adequately to get a vehicle 50 miles?

·
Banned
524 Posts
No spare tire is almost a deal killer for me. I had a flat in the middle of nowhere a couple of months ago and was glad I had a spare. What are your thoughts about the unit that comes with the hybrid?
Sadly, thats what also put me off. And the fact that it didnt have the 19"wheels either.

That aside, theres no doubting the CR-V Hybrid is a phenomenal machine. Far, far superior than the crap churned out by Toyota, Ze Germunz and Ford, for example.

·
Registered
2020 Honda CRV Hybrid Touring
4 Posts
Sadly, thats what also put me off. And the fact that it didnt have the 19"wheels either.

That aside, theres no doubting the CR-V Hybrid is a phenomenal machine. Far, far superior than the crap churned out by Toyota, Ze Germunz and Ford, for example.

·
Registered
2020 Honda CRV Hybrid Touring
4 Posts
I have a 2020 CRV Touring. It came equipped with 235/55/R19 wheels. I am also a bit concerned about having no spare tire. I have had 1 flat in the past 15 years, so perhaps the inflator will be sufficient.

·
Banned
524 Posts

Proof that UK motoring pseudo journo's know nothing about the machines they're handed to drive.

If the CR-V Hybrid had a crappy BMW/Audi/Merc/VW badge on it, they'd be furiously self pleasuring themselves like a teen watching their first adult movie alone.....

🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
65 Posts
Month 4 of the long term review the prat starts comparing the CRV against a £75k Jaguar F-Pace SVR. No surprises which car he thought was better unfortunately he omitted to mention reliability.

·
Banned
524 Posts
And the fact that the CR-V has a bigger useable boot than the Jag....

One day, someone will drop a CTR engine in a CR-V...then we'll see how that performs!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2020 CRV Touring. It came equipped with 235/55/R19 wheels. I am also a bit concerned about having no spare tire. I have had 1 flat in the past 15 years, so perhaps the inflator will be sufficient.
For almost one week, I am also the owner of a 2020 CR-V Touring Hybrid with no spare tire. Within the last 15 years, any tire issues for me would have been fixed with the inflator to be able to proceed to a tire repair shop. So, this was not an important issue for me on the Honda purchase. My only problem has been the stay at home request that does limit ones use of the new car. So far, I am getting around 43 MPG doing mostly city driving on the few ventures out of the house.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Regarding the need for a spare -- In retrospect, I haven't had a flat while driving since the mid 1970s despite hundreds of thousand miles over the past 45 years on all sort of roads, including many secondary and forest service roads. All my flats 70s have been nails or screws that were slow leaks. So I don't feel the need for a spare. If I get a blowout that a kit can't fix -- well that's what AAA if for. I'd rather have the cargo space than lugging around a spare that I likely will never need.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
All of my local dealer have Hybrids "in transit" with none on the lot.
That is probably true for a lot of dealers. Thing is.. as soon as they get their allocation list, they have the VIN numbers and can pre-sell them if they choose to as long as that is allowed by your state.

The dealer I buy my Hondas from, gets one of the biggest allotments in the state from Honda every month and they have 32 hybrids listed for sale right now. I touched base with my favorite sales person and he said they only have 2 currently on the lot, the rest are all in transit. So.. their allotment this coming month was 30 hybrids ... pretty evenly split by trim levels, and they are all for sale.

Motor vehicle sales floors are all closed right now due to coronavirus shelter in place directives here... but this dealer has a pretty smooth online sales approval and contract process. So as long as you know what color and trim level you want, you can put down a deposit and when your vehicle arrives, they will prep it and deliver it to your home and have you sign the paperwork and provide payment. They also have the option to hold the vehicle on their lot for you, until the shelter in place is lifted.

I imagine a lot of dealers are getting innovative about their selling process with so much of the nation hunkered down right now.

·
Registered
CR-V Hybrid 2WD - Elegance
32 Posts
It's also for consistent brake response!

That is, you'd get a different brake response if regenerative braking is suddenly deactivated when the battery is full.

As explained by Naritomo Higuchi, the chief engineer for hybrid powertrain systems for Honda in Japan:

"...even if the hybrid battery becomes full on a long downhill grade, Honda has found a way to preserve the same level of regenerative braking—by sending electricity from the traction motor over to the starter/generator, which spins the engine a little higher just to use that energy."

Thank you for the explanation , I agree with the Honda choice, but the “spins of the engine” it’s much more then a “little higher”!
Anyway great car I can’t wait to use it.

Here in Italy third week of “stay at home”, I used the car last week to go to the supermarket and from then it’s in the garage to take the powder :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome back and realise this isn't something you can attempt whilst under lockdown. Does selecting, normal, sport or EV mode affect the engine speed going downhill for extended periods.

I haven't experienced this phenomenon but then we don't have many mountain descents of this nature in the UK.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Charlie, Isn’t a real problem in my opinion, the first few times it’s a little bit strange and noisy, anything else.
It’s a very small price to pay, only in particular occasions, for this great “uncommon” car:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’ve recorded the real consumption at the pump, in my first 1000km the onboard computer sign 6L/100KM, the real is 6,6L/100KM.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’ve recorded the real consumption at the pump, in my first 1000km the onboard computer sign 6L/100KM, the real is 6,6L/100KM.
For us silly Americans, this is 39.2 mpg and 35.6 mpg, respectively. It is a 10% error, quite large. It's unusual also in that most Honda owners here report that the computer errs on the other side.

Other than driving style, there are three factors that can affect consumption. Knowing how the affect these numbers would help others to compare your experience to what they could expect.
  1. What portion of this 1000 km is trips below about 15 km (~10 miles)?
  2. How often was the temperature about 5°C (40°F) or below?
  3. How much was in mountainous terrain (you profile says you live at the foot of the Alps)?

·
Registered
183 Posts
While I would definitely try an online car buying experience, I am not putting down a deposit on a car until I can try every vehicle on my list. Ergo, I doubt I can do anything until this lockdown is lifted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The "no spare" has me concerned a bit too. I've had a few flats over the last 10 years but it seems like when you get one, it's never convenient.

381 - 400 of 410 Posts