Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

401 - 410 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
CR-V Hybrid 2WD - Elegance
32 Posts
For us silly Americans, this is 39.2 mpg and 35.6 mpg, respectively. It is a 10% error, quite large. It's unusual also in that most Honda owners here report that the computer errs on the other side.

Other than driving style, there are three factors that can affect consumption. Knowing how the affect these numbers would help others to compare your experience to what they could expect.
  1. What portion of this 1000 km is trips below about 15 km (~10 miles)?
  2. How often was the temperature about 5°C (40°F) or below?
  3. How much was in mountainous terrain (you profile says you live at the foot of the Alps)?
With the previous post I wanted to point out the computer error (I know another Italian guy with the Hybrid CR-V buyed at the beginning of 2019 and confirm the same8-10% error), not my specific consumption, as you say depends on many factors and compare to other countries you could add the possibility differences on electronic engine setup and fuel. Anyway these are my answers:
  1. The normal use of the car, during the week, is alternate day of my wife and me to home-work. My use was about 200Km in super-short trips (home-work) 4X4km per day, the computer sign 7-8L/100Km dependes the temperature. My wife trips was about 400Km for home-work 2X16km, the computer sign a great 5L/100Km. All extra-urban road, not Freeway and not city downtown. The remains Km's was a small trips around our City and one time to the mountains.
  2. The temperature in this first month use was from 4-5°C to 18, may be the average was 10-12.
  3. We live close to the Dolomites, about 30 minutes of drive, we just had only one trip to the mountains ( 245Km total trip ), in that trip the computer sign a great 5.6L/100Km...very very good!
All 1000Km in Econ mode, the default in my model, but ascending the mountain I've try the "sport mode" and I felt the same boost as the descending!Th sport mode neutralizes the ascent, great!

·
Registered
65 Posts
The UK version has a different setup. Battery is obviously located in same place. To the rear of the battery there is storage for the supplied tyre gunk and compressor, car jack and all the necessary tools to change a wheel. Just no spare wheel.

Not any accessible wasted space which is a shame as there appears to be void underneath the fixed moulded plastic tray.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Italian version as well as the UK version.
There are some empty holes, I've put the first aid bag, the glows, etc..

O.T. The white color IMO it's the best color for the CR-V, it' fresh, cool and better for the dirt.
I bought the grey only for a great discount for a car stock.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my last car was white
I think Crystal red is better
but we all like different colours
Not like the old days when all your could have was black

·
Registered
65 Posts
And to think that not so many years ago nobody wanted a white car. I remember reading that dealers called them Sunday cars because it took a month of Sundays to get them shifted off the forecourt.

Nowadays up this way most cars are white except mine which is Crystal Red.

·
Registered
32 Posts
And to think that not so many years ago nobody wanted a white car. I remember reading that dealers called them Sunday cars because it took a month of Sundays to get them shifted off the forecourt.

It's true, white come back recently, but isn't the same blank of the '80-90, now there are white metallized, pearl...it's different.

Here the red it's the only one color that cost 800€ less, I don't know why, but it's very uncommon in Italy red cars, unless it's a Ferrari :)

·
Registered
32 Posts

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my state, the "tax" is $75, applied to the cost of the license plate. (For that matter, the ad valorem tax is applied to the license, too, so $75 isn't that noticeable overall.) The rationale given when the legislature enacted the fee on hybrids & EVs was that we aren't paying the same amount of gasoline tax. Of course, I'd argue that a hybrid burns a LOT more gasoline than a full EV & that the fee ought to be weighted accordingly, but I made the mistake along the line of getting too much education to serve in the Mississippi legislature :p

As far as batteries vs the environment go, I think the OP was referring to carbon emissions & other forms of air pollution. We'll all get hit again with a battery disposal fee if & when we have to replace them...

·
Registered
32 Posts
In my state, the "tax" is $75, applied to the cost of the license plate. (For that matter, the ad valorem tax is applied to the license, too, so $75 isn't that noticeable overall.) The rationale given when the legislature enacted the fee on hybrids & EVs was that we aren't paying the same amount of gasoline tax. Of course, I'd argue that a hybrid burns a LOT more gasoline than a full EV & that the fee ought to be weighted accordingly, but I made the mistake along the line of getting too much education to serve in the Mississippi legislature :p

As far as batteries vs the environment go, I think the OP was referring to carbon emissions & other forms of air pollution. We'll all get hit again with a battery disposal fee if & when we have to replace them...
In Italy there are financial encentives for hybrid,EV or methane car, depends the region.
The Veneto region give me 1000€ (Directly discount during purchase) to buy the CR-V, the second incentive is for the first three years I’m not paying the “annual car tax”, about 270€ per year (the tax it’s calculated only for the “gasoline” horse power/kw) the third is 50% discount for parking fee in the cities .
It’s an intelligent law (one of the few in Italy!) to encourage the low cars emission IMO.

401 - 410 of 410 Posts