CR-V Hybrid - Elegance (EX in US)
With the previous post I wanted to point out the computer error (I know another Italian guy with the Hybrid CR-V buyed at the beginning of 2019 and confirm the same8-10% error), not my specific consumption, as you say depends on many factors and compare to other countries you could add the possibility differences on electronic engine setup and fuel. Anyway these are my answers:For us silly Americans, this is 39.2 mpg and 35.6 mpg, respectively. It is a 10% error, quite large. It's unusual also in that most Honda owners here report that the computer errs on the other side.
Other than driving style, there are three factors that can affect consumption. Knowing how the affect these numbers would help others to compare your experience to what they could expect.
- What portion of this 1000 km is trips below about 15 km (~10 miles)?
- How often was the temperature about 5°C (40°F) or below?
- How much was in mountainous terrain (you profile says you live at the foot of the Alps)?
- The normal use of the car, during the week, is alternate day of my wife and me to home-work. My use was about 200Km in super-short trips (home-work) 4X4km per day, the computer sign 7-8L/100Km dependes the temperature. My wife trips was about 400Km for home-work 2X16km, the computer sign a great 5L/100Km. All extra-urban road, not Freeway and not city downtown. The remains Km's was a small trips around our City and one time to the mountains.
- The temperature in this first month use was from 4-5°C to 18, may be the average was 10-12.
- We live close to the Dolomites, about 30 minutes of drive, we just had only one trip to the mountains ( 245Km total trip ), in that trip the computer sign a great 5.6L/100Km...very very good!