Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

441 - 449 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Anywhere between an indicated 550 and 620 miles although I’ve never red lighted the low fuel Setting.
I remember the good old days of my 2.2 i-DTEC 4th Gen CR-V delivering me nearly 700+ miles per tank. But I was doing nearly all motorway miles at the time so the benefit of diesel was being realised.

My early ownership of the 1.5T CVT 5th Gen CR-V has seen me get around 495 miles in a tank, but since then, I have largely given up quantifying it due to the plethora of short run usage during the COVID-19 lockdown.

Regardless, its clear as day the Hybrid is a great machine thats delivering excellent fuel economy and its great to see folks enjoying its capabilities. Folks like Mazda are dead in the water here with the smaller, useless CX-5 with its lethargic petrol engine and overly complex and not-so-great outdated diesel engines.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Regardless, its clear as day the Hybrid is a great machine thats delivering excellent fuel economy and its great to see folks enjoying its capabilities. Folks like Mazda are dead in the water here with the smaller, useless CX-5 with its lethargic petrol engine and overly complex and not-so-great outdated diesel engines.
Yeah... I think Honda has their hybrid approach dialed in very well now.

It was so frustrating to see them constantly dither and change directions as they tried to find their way into the hybrid market for years. So to see them really get on top of their game with this new generation of hybrids is refreshing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
About 450 miles safely, on DIC the range says 510 miles, I'm not pushing to close to the range. It gets close to 1/4 tank, I looking to fill tank.
Wow, that is disappointing given some of the predominantly-highway-miles tanks I've gotten over the years out of my 2012 (all calculated by hand, not the car's computer): 447, 442, 432, 431.

·
Registered
167 Posts
where the hybrid excells is with a mixture of town and country roads I am getting a average of 50 uk mpg 42 usa mpg
on motorway/freeway it will be less
I just leave the car in drive I have tried sport mode once
this MPG is only from the cars computer
Next fill up I will check it myself and update
So far I have only done 1500 miles in three months due to the virus

·
Registered
117 Posts
where the hybrid excells is with a mixture of town and country roads I am getting a average of 50 uk mpg 42 usa mpg
on motorway/freeway it will be less
I just leave the car in drive I have tried sport mode once
this MPG is only from the cars computer
Next fill up I will check it myself and update
So far I have only done 1500 miles in three months due to the virus
I agree. The car Is perfectly suited to the roads I drive which are mainly 60mph country roads, limited town driving and when on the motorway 60 to 70mph which is more often than not traffic dictated. I’ve only taking it on a couple of long distance motorway journeys at 70+ and the mpg definitely suffered but not to the point were I was dissatisfied with the car.
One one hand if you’re buying the car to save fuel costs you have to be realistic as to where gains can be made and lost. On the other hand it’s not all about the fuel savings.

·
Registered
755 Posts
On the other hand it’s not all about the fuel savings.
Fully concur with your whole post matey, which is why for me, the 1.5T made more sense since my driving requirements do not require me to be efficient since 80% of my driving is urban and I dont need to worry about fuel economy like I used to.

441 - 449 of 449 Posts