Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid EX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All- new to the forum, just picked up my 2020 Hybrid EX.

When received the touch screen system showed a notice that said "The system lost power and is acquiring its location from the GPS satellites. This usually takes less than 10 minutes". The notification covered the whole of the entertainment unit and didn't go away.

Here is how they fixed it, if it provides help to any others experiencing the same screen:

• Press Home and Brightness together to bypass screen.
  • Hold Volume knob down for a bit to do a soft reset of system

Power Down Vehicle, Power back up. Screen goes away and unit functions normally.

If anyone else hits this, hope it helps. Originally the salesman tried the power soft reset only, but with the notification onscreen it didn't work (wouldn't reboot). Tech stated you have to bypass the notification first, then reboot.

ED

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,593 Posts
Good to know. Sometimes glitches happen.. the curse of electronic systems, particularly when they interact with one another.

I lost power one time on my CRV and it caused this pop-up message, but it in fact self-resolved on it's own.. after about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for posting. And in general, I'd note doing that soft reset (holding down the volume button for a few seconds to force a reboot) fixes a multitude of often bizarre problems.

The operating system for this unit is Android 4.4 (KitKat), so it's an outdated phone OS. Reboots are sometimes needed, just like your phone or computer.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,593 Posts
Thanks for posting. And in general, I'd note doing that soft reset (holding down the volume button for a few seconds to force a reboot) fixes a multitude of often bizarre problems.

The operating system for this unit is Android 4.4 (KitKat), so it's an outdated phone OS. Reboots are sometimes needed, just like your phone or computer.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Note: the headunit actually keeps track of it's resources and will perform a reboot on it's own when needed for routine management of the OS. Memory management being a key one that it handles on it's own.. and Android OS does tend to have leaks.

But I agree that it needs a kick with a soft-reboot if something goes haywire with a function, as that often does not trigger a self-reboot.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,203 Posts
Note: the headunit actually keeps track of it's resources and will perform a reboot on it's own when needed for routine management of the OS. Memory management being a key one that it handles on it's own.. and Android OS does tend to have leaks.

But I agree that it needs a kick with a soft-reboot if something goes haywire with a function, as that often does not trigger a self-reboot.
Yes, in fact, here is a link to a thread from some time ago that shows where the setting is so one can confirm that the setting is ON...to allow the "memory reset"...or "cache clearing" in Android language, and allows one to set the time when it will do so, if needed. If it happens to be set to do the "reset" while you are driving, it may not reset.

memory reset

Reactions: EngineerED

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,202 Posts
Good hat tip, most gracious. Hearty congrats on the Hybrid!

And welcome to the site/forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts