Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All - I'm currently in negotiation on a new CRV EXL AWD Hybrid purchase. Here are the terms they are giving me (this is in Salt Lake City).

Price: $33,160 (Costco Pricing)
Trade Value: $5,500 (2012 Toytota Prius, good shape)
I'm putting 10-15 K down and will finance the rest.

We went into the dealership on Monday, and the sales manager said he might be able to throw in some accessories for us so. But, that was before we had the Costco pricing so now the sales person is saying they will only give us 15% off on accessories since we are doing Costco pricing. I think prior to the Costo pricing they were proposing right around MSRP of $33,800.

So, now my wife is saying that we should propose the following:
Price - Same as above
Trade Value - Same as above
Ask dealer to throw in all weather mats and a towing hitch at no charge

Is my wife's proposal a fair offer? Or are we pushing our luck here?

Thanks!

Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec

Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
In my experience, Costco pricing is unremarkable. That said... in the short term.. there is probably not much discounting on the hybrids until demand vs supply balances out.

In any event.. I suggest you play the field on referral services... Costco, Consumer Reports, TrueCar, etc. and see which one steers you to the best price.

Personally, in my area... TrueCar always brings me the best price quote and with the most reputable dealer in my area.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my experience, Costco pricing is unremarkable. That said... in the short term.. there is probably not much discounting on the hybrids until demand vs supply balances out.

In any event.. I suggest you play the field on referral services... Costco, Consumer Reports, TrueCar, etc. and see which one steers you to the best price.

Personally, in my area... TrueCar always brings me the best price quote and with the most reputable dealer in my area.
Hmm, interesting, maybe I'll try the TrueCar pricing instead. I filled out the form and in the email from the dealerships it only provided quotes for the regular CRV and not the Hybrid so I got confused.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts