Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring
51 Posts
My fob opens the hatch only if the doors are unlocked. It's a setting in one of the menus. If yours is set that way, press door unlock, then hatch unlock, see if that works. Mine is a 2018, settings might be similar.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,099 Posts
You dont say what model/spec you have. Do you have the auto-opening tailgate via the fob or not?

Impossible to know from your first post which is devoid of info.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,511 Posts
The trunk release button won’t open the trunk. I haven’t read the book yet. But figured I would ask here first.
You are not clear here.. and there are several ways to use different "buttons" to open the cargo door, depending on your trim level.

In the case of the button on the lower right of your dash, you have to hold it down until the cargo door unlatches. Momentary push will not work. This is by design for safety reasons (to avoid an accidental push of the button while driving or entering/exiting vehicle.

The keyfob button requires the vehicle be unlocked first. I never use it personally, so I do not know if it requires momentary or push until open.

The actual button on the cargo door.. works by simply pressing it.

The kick sensor on the upper trim levels that exists under the rear bumper.... you need to move your foot forward and backward immediately under the bumper to activate it to open your cargo door.

READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL... and not just for this feature.. there are a host of features that you actually need to learn and understand how they work and do not work. :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,511 Posts
I have the lx key fob
Then I expect the only useful button you have is the one on the cargo door. You push it and then you open it manually.

I was not aware that Honda even puts cargo door buttons on the LX trim... but maybe this is new in 2020. In any event.. you do NOT have a power lift gate in the LX trim.

·
Registered
474 Posts
No because I have another Honda lx and on the key fob the trunk release works. It’s a basic function.
You have another CR-V LX or another Honda vehicle?
A trunk is different from a lift gate.

You asked a question but you have left out information that would help us from helping you.

I would suggest reading the owners manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did read the owners manual. I also called the dealership. They informed me that even the most basic model cr-v (the lx) when the button on the key fob for the trunk is depressed should release the trunk of the vehicle. If the vehicle was not setup to function in that manner then it is the dealerships fault which I already have a appointment for them setup my key fob and the vehicle to how I want it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I did read the owners manual. I also called the dealership. They informed me that even the most basic model cr-v (the lx) when the button on the key fob for the trunk is depressed should release the trunk of the vehicle. If the vehicle was not setup to function in that manner then it is the dealerships fault which I already have a appointment for them setup my key fob and the vehicle to how I want it. View attachment 139520
That button only unlocks the lift gate, it DOES NOT open it. You have to have a power lift gate in order for it to open which the LX does not have.

You didn’t read the manual carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.