1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
And then I saw this article:

2020 Honda CR-V: America’s Most Popular CUV Gets New U.S.-Built Hybrid-Electric Version, Standard Honda Sensing® and Freshened Styling

It only says: "The 2020 CR-V will go on sale at Honda dealerships nationwide this fall, followed by the launch of the all-new CR-V Hybrid in early 2020."

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've been watching for the new (20) Passports to come out, not because I expect any changes to it but rather because that typically means the left-overs are further discounted.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been watching for the new (20) Passports to come out, not because I expect any changes to it but rather because that typically means the left-overs are further discounted.
a few if the passport forum guys have gotten$6k off of elites eith costco purchase program
if i didnt want to get a type r in spring id swap crv for it

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I'm just curious what, specifically, you are waiting for, other than for the sticker to say "MY2020" instead of "MY2019"; there aren't many changes...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am interested in the reported updates from 2019; plus, a year more warranty, any new safety features from last year, oil - fuel problem, newer tech, etc.

However, I am tired of waiting and want the vehicle before winter (for many reasons).

And while I have been a Honda owner, my brother in laws have had very good luck with Toyota, so I am leaning that way. I also used to work for Ford and am willing to at least check them out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm just curious what, specifically, you are waiting for, other than for the sticker to say "MY2020" instead of "MY2019"; there aren't many changes...
I've cut/pasted this tidbit from my original post:
because that typically means the left-overs are further discounted.

Today I went car-looking and decided the Passport is just "too big" so now I'm looking at a newer model CRV; the same idea still applies - when the 20's come out the old stock (prices) are further reduced.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Impatience is a harsh mistress. :)

I'm sure 2020s will hit showroom floors just about the same time as every other year, other then the hybrid, so it's not rocket science to figure out and plan around the soon coming release.

As for the hybrid... all good things come for those that are patient. February is really not that far away... particularly if you crave a CRV hybrid in North America.

·
Registered
8 Posts
...when the 20's come out the old stock (prices) are further reduced.
I'd expect terrific deals now for leftover 2019s -- especially if dealers still have significant inventory.

My local dealer has 43 CRVs in stock... 9 LX, 28 EX, and 6 Touring. And my next-nearest dealer has 41.

If those inventories are typical, I can understand why Honda would want to postpone the MY2020 release date as much as possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Impatience is a harsh mistress. :)

I'm sure 2020s will hit showroom floors just about the same time as every other year, other then the hybrid, so it's not rocket science to figure out and plan around the soon coming release.
It's lost business for the dealers to their competitors.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Looks like the US tax credit of $7500 on Tesla vehicles was only good until the end of 2018, and dropped to $3750 until June 2019, and is currently $1875 if you buy in the next two months.
And the preorder price of a Tesla Model Y is currently $48,000, not exactly in the same class of vehicle as a CR-V.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Updating myself: I went back and forth between a new CRV and a Passport. My mind said the V was a better value but my loins spoke louder. I put a deposit down on a new Passport Elite and will pick it up tomorrow.

With a discount of $8375 (MSRP: $44,675) I didn't feel the need to wait any longer.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts