Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could someone school me on the start/stop feature on the 2020 CR-V? Now, I have only driven it about 100 miles in a mostly suburban setting, but I have not felt my CR-V go into this mode at any of the stops. I read that the vehicle has to be warm before this feature will work. Not sure if it is true, but does make sense. Admittedly, most of my trips so far have only been under 7or 8 miles.

I have not physically deactivated the Stop/Start button at all.

No need to reply to this thread. Somehow I missed that another forum member asked the same question about his 2020.

·
Registered
116 Posts
@Rich M.
Hello,
You can get lots of information from your owners manual if you haven't had the chance yet to read through it or online at this link from the Honda Information Center.

I've also attached a rather lengthy technical overview if you really want to get into the nuts and bolts of the subject.

I hope this help,

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
@Rich M.
Hello,
You can get lots of information from your owners manual if you haven't had the chance yet to read through it or online at this link from the Honda Information Center.

I've also attached a rather lengthy technical overview if you really want to get into the nuts and bolts of the subject.

I hope this help,

Cheers!
I particularly like some of the intelligence that Honda put in this system. Checking battery quality and integrity BEFORE doing an auto-off cycle being one of them, along with a notification that the auto on/off is not available. :)

Given how problematic batteries have been in recent years in a range of different vehicle brands... not leaving an owner stalled at an intersection due to auto-off and a weak or bad battery is a prudent design move by Honda.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts