Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2021 CRV Hybrid EX
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 CRV Hybrid EX. It currently has a completely naked roof. I can't seem to get a straight answer for the dealership. Am I able to install factory roof rails on my car and if so does anyone know the part number?

Thank you in advance.

Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
Yes you can do rails and a rack or the base carrier with a 100lb load cap and no rails

Rails are scarce due to backorder

Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
I have a 2021 CRV Hybrid EX. It currently has a completely naked roof. I can't seem to get a straight answer for the dealership. Am I able to install factory roof rails on my car and if so does anyone know the part number?

Thank you in advance.
The reason you cannot get a straight answer from the dealer is because rails are out of stock, on long backorder, and only Honda corporates fulfillment teams know when, if ever, they will stock them again.

Personally, I think Honda corporate is stone walling on restocking the rails. Reason: they want owners of new 2020s and 2021s to simply go with the OEM cross bars that direct mount to the roof anchor points. So I do think that all rails stock is being directly sent to the assembly factories to be installed on Touring Trim models (the rails are standard on Touring).

Keep in mind.. for the model year 2020 and beyond.. Honda has moved to cross bars that directly mount to the pre-existing rail mount points on the roof of your CRV. NO rails required.

Frankly.. if you want rails, and cross bars for them... after market non-OEM choices are plentiful and offer a variety of solutions, depending on what you need.

Registered
2021 CRV EX-L
If you are not going to use them, rails are pointless. Not even sure why Honda installs them on the Touring. Cross bars that directly bolt to the mounting points are far more reliable if you are actually going to put something up there.

Registered
2021 CRV Hybrid EX
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are not going to use them, rails are pointless. Not even sure why Honda installs them on the Touring. Cross bars that directly bolt to the mounting points are far more reliable if you are actually going to put something up there.
This is the exact kind of response I was looking for. Have you had any luck with a particular brand? I will be using it for a kayak carrier.

Thanks!

Registered
2021 CRV EX-L
This is the exact kind of response I was looking for. Have you had any luck with a particular brand? I will be using it for a kayak carrier.

Thanks!
I have not had a need for one. You can get Honda cross bars and a kayak attachment here.

Registered
2020 CRV Hybrid exl
There's a 3+ page convo on this topic on the non-hybrid side. Those who've gotten info from their dealerships are reporting that it's a supply (factory shutdown) issue going back months rather than Honda forcing an aftermarket purchase.

Sounds like it will be summer before rails are available but you can get the factory rack without a problem if you don't mind it being there all the time.

As a regular kayaker but also someone who bought a hybrid for a reason, I wanted the versatility of removable racks. I ordered Rhinoracks from etrailer for around $450. Easy to assemble, piece of cake to get on and off the roof, and killer grip on the hull. Highly recommend.

Once the rails are available I may swap out for a different set that I can take on and off the rails, but I wouldn't cry if that didn't happen this year.

Registered
We just bought a CRV Hybrid and I was considering a roof rack. However I found out that the Yakima rails we got for our 2009 Honda Fit, that we're trading in, will fit a CRV EX. So I don't have to buy the roof rack from Honda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts