Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,154 Posts
Whoever wrote that needs their head testing.

A facelift of a facelift of a new Hybrid that has not even been on sale in the USA for 6 months? Yeh, good one. Next they'll tell us the Earth is flat.

At best, like the UK, the USA "may" get a 7-seat CR-V (petrol only) - the rest of that article is useful only for levity and not much else.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,558 Posts
I ran across this site describing the changes on the new 2021 CRV Hybrid:

2021 Honda CR-V Becomes the Brand's First Electrified SUV in the United States - Honda Car Models

I called my local Honda dealer and they said the 2021 will be the same as the 2020, with no changes.
Junk website begets junk information. :p As noted by BoostedV... this is a clickbait site that attracts readers and then taunts you with all the ads AND "sponsored" article links. They make their minimal money from click-thrus.

1) Clearly... by electrified.. they are taking license with the term... as the hybrid wheel drive IS electric, but the statement is misleading as the main power for said electric drive comes from the Atkinson gas engine.

2) They are a year late to the midlife refresh party.. unless this is simply a site retread of an article originally published for model year 2020.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V AWD EX-L 1.5T, 2018 Accord Touring Hybid
221 Posts
Clearly... by electrified.. they are taking license with the term... as the hybrid wheel drive IS electric, but the statement is misleading as the main power for said electric drive comes from the Atkinson gas engine.
Actually, "Electric Vehicle" properly does refer to the drive train, not to the source of power. It is the Battery Electric Vehicle proponents who have mis-used the term to refer to the source. So, to not offend them, most in the industry have started calling Hybrids "electrified."

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well, 2021 is the likely year they'll make the next generational change. I'd expect a change to upgrade/refresh/make more modern the infotainment system and some outside styling changes, but wouldn't expect anything radical.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well, 2021 is the likely year they'll make the next generational change. I'd expect a change to upgrade/refresh/make more modern the infotainment system and some outside styling changes, but wouldn't expect anything radical.
I doubt they will make any changes in 2021 apart from perhaps adding or deleting an exterior color.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What's the chances of Honda producing a CRV Plug in Hybrid , AND with a spare wheel ?
I'll be changing my 2015 CRV next year and would consider a Plugin Hybrid with a spare wheel; otherwise, the Rav4 Prime looks tempting . 😀

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,154 Posts
What's the chances of Honda producing a CRV Plug in Hybrid , AND with a spare wheel ?
I'll be changing my 2015 CRV next year and would consider a Plugin Hybrid with a spare wheel; otherwise, the Rav4 Prime looks tempting . 😀
CR-V Hybrid has been on sale in the UK for just over a year.

Its likely we will get the North American-style facelift in mid-late 2022. So that means hardly any engine changes until the 6th Gen emerges.

To that end, the current 5th Gen wont sport any Plug-In capability or spare wheel sadly. Might well come with the 6th Gen though.

As for the RAV4 Prime - as potent as it is, I wouldnt have one given how weak residuals are, the nasty cheap interior and the fact that its noticeably smaller than the current CR-V.

Reactions: simples

·
Registered
262 Posts
No plug in hybrid in the near term. Most likely important upgrade for 2021 will be a better audio interface. My guess is that they'll use the one in the current Accord. Only other changes I would like (hope for?) in the Touring model is cooled front seats and the passenger outside mirror auto-tilting down when you put the car in reverse and, if I'm dreaming, heads up display and power folding outside mirrors like the CR-V in Europe.

·
Read Only
2 Posts
-----
At best, like the UK, the USA "may" get a 7-seat CR-V (petrol only) - the rest of that article is useful only for levity and not much else.
I doubt a 7-seat version would ever make it to the US. The CRV is considered a "compact SUV". Even the Highlander, a much larger vehicle, is often criticized for having a "cramped third row". The Prius V (+) was never offered with the 3rd row, and neither did, I believe, the Rondo (Carens) - unlike in Europe.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It seems wildly speculative to think that a 2021 model would be a major revision given the 2020 “facelift” updates in the North American version.

That said, the CR-V hybrid powertrain seems ideal for a PHEV version — doesn’t it seem clear that the appeal of Honda’s approach is that it feels more like an EV for the driver? — and the entertainment/information interface is overdue for an update. Some buyers miss the spare tire and towing ability, but I have no real complaints.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts