Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a Trailer Hitch for a 2021 Honda Hybrid that will allow you to carry bikes or a luggage rack. where is it?

Thanks

Chuck

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,710 Posts
Is there a Trailer Hitch for a 2021 Honda Hybrid that will allow you to carry bikes or a luggage rack. where is it?
My dealer said they could only put third-party hitches on the Hybrid, there is no Honda hitch that will fit.
(I'm not saying this is true, only that that's what my dealer told me)
If you don't get any suggestions here I could ask my dealer what third-party hitches they install.
They were pretty reluctant to even talk about hitches on the hybrid, as it's not rated to tow anything (in the US).
So I asked what if I want to mount a wheelchair carrier on a receiver hitch? Wouldn't that be a legally required ADA accommodation?
They said of course they would do that. You probably have more credibility with such a question if you actually are disabled. :)
But like you I'm looking at a bike carrier. My electric trike fits in the rear, but if I'm carrying passengers that's out.
It was funny when I bought the car. I told the sales guy that if he could fit my trike in the back I'd buy the car. I think they had the entire sales department out there trying to get it in (they finally did).

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,981 Posts
Lots of previous discussion here...just SEARCH the Hybrid section for 'trailer hitch' and LOTS of reading comes up.

Whup, forgot the link:

·
Registered
18 Posts
The tow bar that has been fitted, has the electrics suitable for a caravan, with an adapter, you can us it for a bike carrier, which is what I wanted it for.
I’m amazed that dealers in the US don’t offer it, I just asked and it was fitted 3 days later.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,710 Posts
How does one get to I trailer?
I suspect he meant etrailer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How does one get to I trailer?
I have ordered these in the website listed above and shipping is free in the USA. I put them on my previous Highlander and Santa Fe sports...took about 45 minutes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a hitch receiver for the '21 hybrid. I purchased the Curt tow hitch (2-inch) from etrailer and installed it on my '21 Hybrid EX-L.

If you're going to do it, I recommend watching the install videos on YT and be sure to cut a slot on the bottom driver's side panel bcuz the hitch flange sticks out a bit.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,710 Posts
There is a hitch receiver for the '21 hybrid. I purchased the Curt tow hitch (2-inch) from etrailer and installed it on my '21 Hybrid EX-L.

If you're going to do it, I recommend watching the install videos on YT and be sure to cut a slot on the bottom driver's side panel bcuz the hitch flange sticks out a bit.
Nice, looks very clean.
You could get one of those boat propellors to stick in it when unused, and tell people it's part of the hybrid's energy recovery system.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Looks nice and glad it worked out for you. I installed a similar hitch on my wife's EX a few weeks ago----it was simple with the exception of those stinking muffler brackets. Other than that 1:15 flat. Happy biking or whatever you use it for---

1 - 12 of 12 Posts