Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
The OP mentioned remote start ... I'm wondering if, since it was warm out, and since remote start automatically maxes the AC, if that's what got the electric fan or compressor revved up more than usual. If it's a fan, probably it's variable-speed, I should think.

Completely Off-Topic: I was astonished when I just ordered my CR-V Hybrid -- I went to check out the Rav4 competition, and there were NO NEW CARS. The entire dealership for Iowa City had used models only. Orders had 4-6 months waiting times. Meanwhile, the Honda dealer was unloading a trailer-load when I arrived. [Apologies to T.M.E.]
Exactly my thoughts as well.
One of the function of the remote start is to regulate the climate control to 72 degrees.

The sound what I hear in the original video is very close to the one mine makes white the AC is running. I have also noticed the AC works much better while the car is running. The cooling is much faster than in the remote start mode.

So in short, nothing to worry about and just enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just went and checked mine. I do hear that sound, but WAY lower in level than the OP's original post seemed to indicate.
Though it's hard to judge loudness from a phone, as it gains up everything to audible levels.
I would have to be specifically listening for it to hear it at all I believe. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for this thread.
I should add that it was particularly noticeable inside my garage - not so much outside.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,608 Posts
I should add that it was particularly noticeable inside my garage - not so much outside.
All I hear backing out of my garage is the Robotic Choir.
But it's unusual for me to have the A/C on, so it wouldn't be there to hear.

·
Registered
2021 CR-V Hybrid Touring, White / Ivory
4 Posts
I'm taking delivery of my hybrid Touring in a week (fingers crossed), so I'll explore this further.
Got the 2021 Hybrid on the 15th. Hoorah! Drove home (100 mi.) with 3 large men and a small cement mixer in the back, at 70, with AC on, and got 37MPG. Trying different drive modes, though, so who knows how to interpret that. Dealer sold my early 2018 while I was signing the papers.

I listened for the weird sound, and haven't heard it so far. But there are lots of interesting sounds in this thing, beyond the choir of angels. I guess the battery fan would make some sound, too, though perhaps not very audible.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
6,956 Posts
A garage is typically an echo chamber, so no surprise it sounds louder in your garage. :)

Separately, I think earlier posts about this being the electrically driven AC is the right answer. This does happen to be a notable difference between the ICE version and the Hybrid. And it could be that in the original posters CRV, the Electric AC drive may have been running a full speed for that particular remote start cycle. I wonder what the cabin temperature was when the vehicle was remote started.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts