Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So do we just give up on the 2020 Hybrid CRV and wait for this thing. If Toyota could pull their head out of their butt and and Android Auto and XM to these models, I don't see any reason to buy the CRV. Besides just being a fanboy.

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why would you "give up" on the 2020 CR-V Hybrid? Barring unforeseen catastrophe, It's clearly going to be on dealer floors rather sooner than a '21 Toyota.
If the Rav4 Prime can get within a grand or two of the CRV in similar trim, there is no way I'd buy the CRV next year.

Extra 25% power would be an amazing thing in this size of vehicle.

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why would you want to use thicker oil before the engine has high mileage?
Because 0w16 and 0w20 are used in the USA for emissions purposes and other countries use thicker oils.

Thicker oil provides better wear protection and as long as you use a weight that works at the correct winter temps, it's not issue.

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
RAV4 Prime is only offered on SE and XSE? I just checked, you're correct.

But don't overlook the cost for the horsepower difference in the RAV4 Prime (302 hp) vs the regular RAV4 Hybrid (219 hp).

For comparison, it's $5100 extra for the V6 Camry (301 hp) over the 4-cyl Camry (203 hp).

Anyway, now that I think about it, I hope you're right about a $30K net price for the RAV4 Prime. It might persuade Honda to offer incentives on the CRV -- especially the non-hybrids.
Yeah most of this is going to come down to price increase vs. federal tax credit.

1 - 8 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.