Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,968 Posts
Just curious. Assuming you can get the correct BCM for your particular car at one of the Honda retailers, is it plug and play or does it require programming once installed?
Since the BCM is integral in vehicle security, it makes complete sense that it will need to be configured (actually paired) with the vehicle (essentially the same as with the FOBs). This probably requires specialized equipment only a Honda dealer would typically have ready to use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After 3 mos I finally got my part in and it was repaired today! I would suggest calling Honda Care, address the issue and ask to be made priority. You will be assigned a manager that will contact you about every 14 days with an update! Cant wait to not have to disconnect the battery each time I turn the car off and hope it turns on… SO THANKFUL!!!

·
Registered
2017 CRV touring, turbo; silver
7 Posts
I get that you are frustrated, but your emotional expressions here are not helpful to the discussion. All you are doing is making more work for the forum moderation team with this.

By all means discuss the topic, rather than railing on Honda over the issue. Honda does not produce the BCM, they buy them from a 3rd party supplier, as is true with many components in modern motor vehicles. And sadly, supply chains are a mess right now due to prolonged impacts to production due to COVID.
You are right that Honda doesn’t make the battery but Honda engineered the integration of all the components that make up the car and then they sell them “us”. Honda is responsible for the vehicle they sell out and they should have the lead to resolve these GENERIC ISSUES.
Return customer loyalty goes down exponentially faster with problems than it goes up and most of the folks on this forum are upset about the issues around this.
what is Honda doing to help?

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,968 Posts
You are right that Honda doesn’t make the battery but Honda engineered the integration of all the components that make up the car and then they sell them “us”. Honda is responsible for the vehicle they sell out and they should have the lead to resolve these GENERIC ISSUES.
Honda is addressing the issue of BCM failures. Just not to your personal liking.

As we can see... some owners are reporting back, after some months of wait time, new BCMs installed and working. So clearly Honda is working the issue in the field, and working down the backlog that exists due to the completely chaotic supply chain issues right now for the motor vehicle industry.

More field failures than they can get replacement parts for in a timely manner is actually beyond Honda's control here given the BCMs are produced by a 3rd party supplier (like much of the electronic components in modern Hondas).

Return customer loyalty goes down exponentially faster with problems than it goes up and most of the folks on this forum are upset about the issues around this.
This is a meta accusation (speculation or feeling presented as absolute fact) ... in an attempt to put some "weight of others" behind your complaining. I would suggest take that over to FaceBook. I am sure there are plenty of circular firing squad groups over there that would be happy to give you the raw-raw and put some drama behind you in support, maybe even help you raise up the masses with torches and pitch forks.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,301 Posts
Honda is responsible for the vehicle
Yes, but they are NOT responsible for the supply chain :rolleyes:

If suppliers arent producing/providing BCM's to Honda/others - then thats not Honda's fault or problem.

• Helpful
Reactions: williamsji

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good Afternoon,

I just want to start off by saying that I am just curious about how many other's have had issues with their ECM, possibly BCM but pretty sure they said ECM? My CR-V, 2022 Touring, is currently at the dealer waiting on a new one, the part is back ordered with no ETA. These were the symptoms mine did:

1) Horn going off for no apparent reason every 20 mins for 2 days - that was a funone
2) Door lock, doors auto lock for mine when you put it in drive. It was always a guessing game on if they were acutally locked or not. Sometimes they did, sometimes they did not
3) Stirring wheel buttons for radio control would stop working.
4) Climate control was on, but no display on display console.
5) Blind spots give an error in the rain.
6) Black screen on map display, screen will display on all other options such as phone and radio.
7) Blind spot indicators stopped beeping to advise of someone beside me when flasher was on (I knew they were there, I was letting the knowI was coming over whenI was clear)
8) GPS losses signal, and this happens in a urban area with no tall buildings, on sunny days
9) No sound from the radio
10) Icons slow to load on display screen, and when they do, they disapear and reapear.

Most of these, except for the first 2 can be "solved' and I saw that with quoates because all these issues are intermitten, by turning the car off and on.

Again I am just posting to see who else is in the same boat as me. Mine is currently at the dealer awaing a new ECM, again possibly BCM, while I get to drive around in a rental.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
1,939 Posts
Good Afternoon,

I just want to start off by saying that I am just curious about how many other's have had issues with their ECM, possibly BCM but pretty sure they said ECM? My CR-V, 2022 Touring, is currently at the dealer waiting on a new one, the part is back ordered with no ETA. These were the symptoms mine did:

1) Horn going off for no apparent reason every 20 mins for 2 days - that was a funone
2) Door lock, doors auto lock for mine when you put it in drive. It was always a guessing game on if they were acutally locked or not. Sometimes they did, sometimes they did not
6) Black screen on map display, screen will display on all other options such as phone and radio.
7) Blind spot indicators stopped beeping to advise of someone beside me when flasher was on (I knew they were there, I was letting the knowI was coming over whenI was clear)
8) GPS losses signal, and this happens in a urban area with no tall buildings, on sunny days
10) Icons slow to load on display screen, and when they do, they disapear and reapear.

Most of these, except for the first 2 can be "solved' and I saw that with quoates because all these issues are intermitten, by turning the car off and on.

Again I am just posting to see who else is in the same boat as me. Mine is currently at the dealer awaing a new ECM, again possibly BCM, while I get to drive around in a rental.
There’s literally 13 pages of posts here from people with similar problems. ☝

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
3,189 Posts
Good Afternoon,

Your list of symptoms sounds more like you're having issues with the BCM "Body Control Module" and the infotainment unit. So don't be surprised if you still have issues when they replace the BCM. ECM stands for Engine Contol Module which I'm pretty certain they are not replacing based on your symptoms.

·
Registered
CRV 2018 RW1 Australian Spec
8 Posts
Yes, but they are NOT responsible for the supply chain :rolleyes:

If suppliers arent producing/providing BCM's to Honda/others - then thats not Honda's fault or problem.
Is it not the company’s responsibility to provide replacement parts atleast for a fee obviously as they were the one who decided on the parts supplier and they should be held responsible for the current situation? I mean, you don’t get to choose your part supplier when you buy a car, do you?
I would say that IT IS HONDA’s PROBLEM.
I’m all for supporting Honda, but there needs to be a bit of common sense on how much.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,301 Posts
Is it not the company’s responsibility to provide replacement parts atleast for a fee obviously as they were the one who decided on the parts supplier and they should be held responsible for the current situation? I mean, you don’t get to choose your part supplier when you buy a car, do you?
I would say that IT IS HONDA’s PROBLEM.
I’m all for supporting Honda, but there needs to be a bit of common sense on how much.
Not sure whats so difficult to understand here - Honda does NOT control or have responsibility for its supply chain and how they perform.

Yes its "Honda's problem" in so far as their supplier(s) have let them down, and in turn, Honda customers - but if this component was say, tyres for example - the principle remains unchanged.

If the supply chain cannot, post-pandemic, ramp up production to fulfil demand, just how exactly is that Honda's fault? Honda is not in charge of recruitment for suppliers or managing their suppliers supply chains - thats why tenders go out so that that commercial risk is borne by the vendor.

Your ire is seriously misdirected if you think Honda is to blame for the entirety of this. I wonder how much you would blame your supermarket if they cant sell milk if they have none to sell if their supplier has a field full of dead cows that have died from BSE or some other animal disease. Sheesh....🙄

• Helpful
Reactions: awmdlmcrv11

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good Afternoon,

Holy crap, 1 and 2 sound incredible annoying, and yet hilarious at the same time. Hopefully my CRV will not experience similar issues. Good luck getting it replaced!

·
Registered
2022 CRV Touring
650 Posts
Good Afternoon,

How long and how many miles did you own your vehicle before syptoms started to appear ?

·
Registered
762 Posts
"Most of the folks on this forum are upset about the issues around this". Really?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring AWD
4 Posts
My sister finally got BCM installed last week after having her CR-V sit at the dealership since the middle of May 2022. The dealership and regional part manager told her not to expect part until November 2022. What seemed to help her was opening a case with Honda and posting on Honda’s social media pages. Within 2 weeks from doing that a part was found and overnighted to her dealership. So far everything seems good except her A/C not working. Maybe that’s a coincidence but it will have to go back to a shop to be diagnosed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My sister finally got BCM installed last week after having her CR-V sit at the dealership since the middle of May 2022. The dealership and regional part manager told her not to expect part until November 2022. What seemed to help her was opening a case with Honda and posting on Honda’s social media pages. Within 2 weeks from doing that a part was found and overnighted to her dealership. So far everything seems good except her A/C not working. Maybe that’s a coincidence but it will have to go back to a shop to be diagnosed.
Congrats! I did that for my radar module too, hopefully they come through!

241 - 257 of 257 Posts