Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

What MPG are you getting on average from your Honda CR-V Hybrid? (US MPG)

121 - 140 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Correct me if i am wrong, but I am sure that screen is your average projected fuel economy, not your actual fuel economy. To get your historic actual fuel economy you need to go into the infotainment system.
The only thing projected there is the Range.
Info shows actual fuel consumption of 27.7 mpg for trip A (204.9 miles).

Yes, the history data can be found from indoors infotainment screen.

·
Registered
2022 Hybrid EX-L
40 Posts
Correct me if i am wrong, but I am sure that screen is your average projected fuel economy, not your actual fuel economy. To get your historic actual fuel economy you need to go into the infotainment system.
I’ve been getting about 400 miles per tank (14 US gallons). So the math checks out (28.5). My CR-V is much happier around town, where I get 31 mostly, but some 32.

I have experimented with driving normally as well as trying for mileage. Notice the cruise was set in my picture. That was a 200 mile stretch of highway. The reviews talking about hills, etc affecting mileage are correct in my experience.

Also of note, this is I-70… where the speed limit is 70, and sections of Arkansas where the limit is 75. I was never beyond 5 over, and still being passed pretty consistently by cars and most semi’s on downhills.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I drove two 80 mile round trips this past week, 90% on Los Angeles area freeways averaging mostly 60-70mph, 10% on local streets. I used adaptive cruise control for most of the commute and drove in ECON mode exclusively, with the A/C running in recirculating mode. The weather was pretty good. The trip computer said I averaged between 39.2 and 42.1 mpg on each leg, and I calculated an overall average of 40.375 mpg. I’m very satisfied with those figures.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Touring
237 Posts
I drove two 80 mile round trips this past week, 90% on Los Angeles area freeways averaging mostly 60-70mph, 10% on local streets. I used adaptive cruise control for most of the commute and drove in ECON mode exclusively, with the A/C running in recirculating mode. The weather was pretty good. The trip computer said I averaged between 39.2 and 42.1 mpg on each leg, and I calculated an overall average of 40.375 mpg. I’m very satisfied with those figures.
The mileage I can believe. But I've never seen anyone get up to 60mph on a Los Angeles freeway before :) Was this at 3am?

·
Premium Member
Honda CR-V Hybrid Lifestyle AWD
17 Posts
CeRVu (like we've called her, following the pronunciation in an Italian YouTube-review) just keeps on amazing me (that's 78,41mpg on my daily commute)... 🤩
Product Communication Device Gadget Audio equipment Font

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
I get around 33mpg here in London.. and in winters went down to just around 30 depending on the heat settings.. last summer when I got it new and took it to the country side roads it gave up to 44..
Welcome to the cub, @bharathbala2003 . It's nice to have another member from the UK! The hybrid is certainty capable at getting great mileage!

·
Registered
2022 CRV Hybrid
3 Posts
I have just over 2k miles on my hybrid EX-L, averaging 37 mpg so far. Approximately 50% of the miles are highway miles and the rest are sub-urban and stop and go traffic. Observing miles per gallon in the upper 40's(sub-urban and stop and go) off late as the weather has improved significantly here in the northeast(CT).

·
Registered
2020 Honda CRV Touring Hybrid
30 Posts
I now have 14,460 miles on my 2020 CRV Hybrid Touring that I purchased new with 5 miles in April of 2021. I live in Dallas, Texas area and it is not cold like everywhere else. We have more heat than cold, so remember this is not a cold issue. It just gets worse MPG as time goes on. Never have I gotten above 34 mpg. I do all the right tricks and driving habits. It is not averaging 25 to 27 MPG per tank.

I keep a log on every one of my vehicles, the long math that is accurate, not the cars numbers that are always higher.

I do 75% hwy never above 68 mph and I use adaptive cruise. 25% city where it is average 35 mph again I always use the adaptive cruise. I do not have a heavy foot, I bought this for economy, I have several other vehicles I could drive if I wanted fast and loud.
I use the paddles all the time, I coast to stop lights, I have used the ECON button mostly, now swapping every 3rd tank I will not use for 3 tanks then use for next 3 to see if that makes a diff.
Oil change done at 5%, air filter changed at same time, 13K miles.

My last 3 regular Honda Accords with the 2.4 and auto (2016 and 2 2017s) all got way better mpg and I never even tried with them.

A member in one of the FB groups stated that he had gone in with his 2020 CRV Hybrid and he was told it needed a DC to DC converter 20-124 PCM Software update and his MPG improved big time. I asked the dealer and they ran my vin stating my vin did not need it.

I am at a loss here as I love the CRV, but the MPG are WAY below expected! I here some get awesome and others like me are getting crappy MPG.

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
^^ That's the reason you're not getting what you think you should be. Hybrids are better around town driving.
Mike is correct. And the reason being... on the highway, the CR-V Hybrid just acts as a regular ICE (internal combustion engine) car. The fuel economy benefit of a Hybrid is in town driving.

There are other brand's hybrids that do better mpg on the highway, but this is a Honda CR-V forum.

121 - 140 of 183 Posts