Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,136 Posts
So I got an email from Diode Dynamics about upgraded LED fog lamp bulbs. Went to the site and it says the H8 XP80 bulbs are plug and play. I have read through the previous (now closed and updated to this thread) and haven't seen any reason I can't do this. Am I missing something? Not looking to change to the rectangular fogs of the hybrid, just get some brighter bulbs for my oval OEM ones. Anyone else done this?

·
Registered
5G Honda CR-V EX 1.5 Turbo CVT
4 Posts
So I got an email from Diode Dynamics about upgraded LED fog lamp bulbs. Went to the site and it says the H8 XP80 bulbs are plug and play. I have read through the previous (now closed and updated to this thread) and haven't seen any reason I can't do this. Am I missing something? Not looking to change to the rectangular fogs of the hybrid, just get some brighter bulbs for my oval OEM ones. Anyone else done this?
From what I can tell from reading these forums, the plugs are proprietary Honda and not standard. However, this board is very confusing with information when it comes to this. Some say you can, some say you can't. I haven't looked at my fog lights myself, but I just kinda left it alone until I do. I would like to get yellow fog lights.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,901 Posts
From what I can tell from reading these forums, the plugs are proprietary Honda and not standard. However, this board is very confusing with information when it comes to this. Some say you can, some say you can't. I haven't looked at my fog lights myself, but I just kinda left it alone until I do. I would like to get yellow fog lights.
Prior to my led conversion i ran led yellow fogs from day 1 till the day i sold it. No issues.
Blended nice with the touring led headlight retrofit i did on my 2017 ex

as for the retrofitted fogs, You can plug then in if you buy the correct harness plugs and make one

i had a set of 2022 hybrid fogs on my 2017 crv ex (still have to sell them) but another member also did the same fogs on his 2022 ex-l
Land vehicle Car Tire Wheel Vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Rectangle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
5G Honda CR-V EX 1.5 Turbo CVT
4 Posts
Prior to my led conversion i ran led yellow fogs from day 1 till the day i sold it. No issues.
Blended nice with the touring led headlight retrofit i did on my 2017 ex
I'm not looking to change mine to the Touring fogs, I just want to change the bulbs in my EX to yellow, but I don't really feel like going through a whole lot to make them fit. If you're saying there's no plug and play, I probably won't do it.

There was a link somewhere on here for some kind of film covers for fog lights but I can't find it now. That would be my Plan B.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,901 Posts
I'm not looking to change mine to the Touring fogs, I just want to change the bulbs in my EX to yellow, but I don't really feel like going through a whole lot to make them fit. If you're saying there's no plug and play, I probably won't do it.

There was a link somewhere on here for some kind of film covers for fog lights but I can't find it now. That would be my Plan B.
you can swap the bulbs on a 2017-19 to yellow and no issues (with the oem housings)
Im sure you could also with the 2020+ (non projector) but i personally have never done them

·
Registered
57 Posts
Silly question, I'll bet. But if I don't ask, I'll never know. I've ordered H11 led headlights for my 2022 crv-ex, as a replacement for lower lights. They should arrive today. Now my question is: How will I know, when I look under the hood, which is the 'lower' lamp socket and which is the 'high' lamp socket?
Thanks so much in advance.
Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have recently purchased a used 2021 EX-L and the first thing I want to upgrade are the horrible LED round fog lights. I'd like to put in yellow bulbs, or from what I've been researching is swapping it out with maybe a 18/19/20 round traditional h11/h8 light and bulb? Anyone done this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Silly question, I'll bet. But if I don't ask, I'll never know. I've ordered H11 led headlights for my 2022 crv-ex, as a replacement for lower lights. They should arrive today. Now my question is: How will I know, when I look under the hood, which is the 'lower' lamp socket and which is the 'high' lamp socket?
Thanks so much in advance.
Bill
turn the low beams on first and see which ones they are. I just did my 2022 and they are the ones on the outsides. Drivers side is cake. pass side you probably have to undo the one clip holding down the washer fluid neck. it's pretty easy once you can move that thing out of the way a hair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to the forum, but wanted to see if @BoostedV still has the led foglights available for purchase. I've had a 2019 CR-V ex awd in Sandstorm since 2020 and I'd like to begin modding it. I've located front and rear sport bumpers and wanted to upgrade to the led foglights. Are the foglights still available and are they plug in play?
Thanks in advance.
Coty

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm new to the forum, but wanted to see if @BoostedV still has the led foglights available for purchase. I've had a 2019 CR-V ex awd in Sandstorm since 2020 and I'd like to begin modding it. I've located front and rear sport bumpers and wanted to upgrade to the led foglights. Are the foglights still available and are they plug in play?
Thanks in advance.
Coty
Contact him via PM please - not on the forum. Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,901 Posts
Thanks in advance.
Coty
Dm sent w/ my email for any questions

thanks @TheDarkKnight 👍🏻

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am planning to replace Honda CRV 2022 Touring - Round Fog lights to Hybrid's Rectangular LED lights.
I just wanted to check if following parts are good enough, or if I need anything else as well.

Garnish, R Front Fog Light Product ID: 71106-TLA-A70
Bracket, R Front Fog Light Product ID: 71116-TLA-A60
Honda CR-V - Fog Light Assembly R Front Product ID: 33900-TLA-R01
Garnish, L Front Fog Light Product ID: 71166-TLA-A60
Bracket, L Front Fog Light Product ID: 71156-TPG-A60
Honda CR-V - Fog Light Assembly L Front Product ID: 33950-TLA-R01
ebay item 255503243506 LED Foglight Harness Repair Connector Plug Pigtail for 2016-2017 Honda Accord - 2 of them
Is there anything missing?

Thanks a lot for your help.

@BoostedV @Housing184

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the Touring headlights have changed since the 2020 model year? Just got a 2022 EX-L that I’d like to swap to the LED headlights. These are the part numbers I found on here, but not sure if I need a newer part. 33100/33150 TLA-A41

·
Registered
2022 Honda CRV Touring Hybrid, 2021 Honda Passport EX-L
16 Posts
Does anyone know if the Touring headlights have changed since the 2020 model year? Just got a 2022 EX-L that I’d like to swap to the LED headlights. These are the part numbers I found on here, but not sure if I need a newer part. 33100/33150 TLA-A41
We just got a 2022 hybrid touring and it comes with led headlights. I’m surprised all the 2022 tourings don’t have them

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
11,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We just got a 2022 hybrid touring and it comes with led headlights. I’m surprised all the 2022 tourings don’t have them
The person you quote doesnt have a Touring. They have an EX-L, which doesnt have LED headlights.

·
Registered
2022 Honda CRV Touring Hybrid, 2021 Honda Passport EX-L
16 Posts
The person you quote doesnt have a Touring. They have an EX-L, which doesnt have LED headlights.
Oh okay my bad. I just went by his first sentence where he asked about the Touring headlights

1 - 20 of 22 Posts