Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2019 Honda CR-V EX 2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Accord is already ahead of its class especially with its 2.0 liter turbo but there's speculation the next Accord might be hybrid only. It's interesting this model has mirrors mounted at the window apex than the door like the Civic, HR-V and upcoming CR-V. I see a hint of Acura in the grille and the rear is looking cleaner.

Source: Autoblog

The. Admin. Istrator.
Shame we Brits will never get this.....馃槶

Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
Honda did such a superb job on the current generation Accord, that it is going to be hard for them to further innovate and improve on an already excellent vehicle.

I expect: Some exterior styling updates to keep in sync with the other new Honda models coming out. And I am sure we will see the cabin interior sporting the new Honda styling that they are proliferating across new models right now. Probably an incrementally updated version of hybrid power train. I suspect, at least in the US, they will still sell the ICE versions as well, though with fewer trim levels.

It will be interesting to see how they configure the Sport Trim for rhe new generation. Will they stick with the 2.0T, or move to a hybrid with essentially similar performance? Will they make some really sporty variants as they work to continue to grow market share in the midsize sedan segment where every other brand appears to be seeing consistent year over year declines in that segment.

The. Admin. Istrator.
Cough Accord Type-R Cough

;)

Premium Member
Looks exactly like my 2006 Camry, except for the colour, which looks like it was in the Hitchcock film 鈥渢he birds鈥
I suggest a closer look then. :) Because they are nothing alike other than they are mid size sedans with 4 doors. It has more visual similarity to the new Civic, just bigger.

As for the paint job... it's all applique camo (designed to confuse cameras and lookie-loos, so you cannot actually see any paint color. Looking at Honda trends right now, it will come in 7 colors, mostly a mix of grays/silvers with a red one for the flashy driver, and white or black for the subdued driver.

Registered
I suggest a closer look then. :) Because they are nothing alike other than they are mid size sedans with 4 doors. It has more visual similarity to the new Civic, just bigger.

As for the paint job... it's all applique camo (designed to confuse cameras and lookie-loos, so you cannot actually see any paint color. Looking at Honda trends right now, it will come in 7 colors, mostly a mix of grays/silvers with a red one for the flashy driver, and white or black for the subdued driver.
Yeah, I was looking over at the Camry today and thinking 鈥済od that鈥檚 ugly鈥 馃槀馃槀馃槀
It鈥檚 got four doors and four wheels though and hub caps that I painted gold covering the steel wheels 馃槀馃槀

Moderate
I'm having hard time processing sedans with no actual trunk lid but a porthole.

Premium Member
I'm having hard time processing sedans with no actual trunk lid but a porthole.
The trunk lid on Accords is actually pretty large and makes for easy access. Deceptively large in fact.

The really impressive thing though is how much trunk space an Accord actually has, without even putting the rear seats down. You just cannot get large bulky things through the trunk opening, like you can with an SUV cargo hatch.

Moderate
Sure, just that the camo images above leave an impression of a 10" deep lid.

Premium Member
Sure, just that the camo images above leave an impression of a 10" deep lid.
Heh, with the camo appliques in place... you probably cannot even open the trunk, unless this particular unit is road testing the trunk features with half dozen bowling balls rolling free around that huge trunk. :p

Registered
2019 Honda CR-V EX 2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems this Accord is actually a heavy refresh as the greenhouse is the same and mirrors aren't door mounted like the Civic and upcoming CR-V. I have a feeling the Accord after gen 11 will be discontinued and the Civic will be Honda's only sedan. The Civic will probably be electrified for gen 12 and its size is decent enough to fill in for the Accord.

The. Admin. Istrator.
The Civic will probably be electrified for gen 12
Electrified already now for the UK/EU.

Dont be surprised if the US gets the Civic Hybrid too in 11G guise...

Premium Member
Electrified already now for the UK/EU.

Dont be surprised if the US gets the Civic Hybrid too in 11G guise...
I'm sure a hybrid Civic is coming for the US.

In fact I bet all the models when they roll out the next generation will have a hybrid power train option... except maybe for the Ridgeline and Pilot/Passport (due to their towing capabilities).

The Odessey replacement, is a toss-up but given they have announced the end of the Odessey and that they replace it with a new design/model my guess it that will roll right out the door on day one with a hybrid option. They are rolling them into production for the Japan market this year... and given new vehicle sales in Japan are very heavy into hybrids (reports are Japan sales are currently 40% hybrid, 1% EV, and the balance ICE).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts