Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a 21 year old CRV.
head lights seem a tad dim at night.
would new bulbs help?
thanks all
can i change them myself?

·
Registered
895 Posts
What do to headlight lenses look like? If they are oxidized and opaque then that’s going to be the biggest contributor to your low light output.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CR-V EX-L Lunar Silver
140 Posts
After market lenses (ebay/Amazon) should be affordable. You might have to ask your local mechanic to make the replacement because of all the "stuff" you have to remove to get the lenses out.

You can change the bulbs yourself. Get the best/brightest you can afford. Change them after you've replaced the lenses.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the lenses are clean as new. no fogging or discoloration. i guess they made they properly in 1197
thanks all

·
Registered
895 Posts
If they are that clear, someone has either cleaned the originals really well or they’ve been replaced. So definitely check that they are aimed properly. That will make a huge difference if they aren’t aimed right.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Check all your grounds, esp. in the engine compartment. The electrical continuity of them tends to deteriorate over the long term., and this is a common cause of dimmer headlights. If you do one at a time, unbolt the ground from the frame, clean and re-attach, then check the lights, and one of them is causing the issue, you will know when you get the right one, because you will see a marked difference in brightness. There are several to check. Don't forget to clean the socket pins that connect to the bulbs too.

·
Registered
895 Posts
That’s cool. I’ve never seen lenses last that long without being oxidized.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts