Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I seek advice... So I have a 1997 cr-v with 215,000 miles on it. This thing has been great. I just replaced the timing belt. No signs of any fluid leaks. I recently replaced the sway bar end links to eliminate that knocking sound I had assumed was something much worse after my mechanic pointed out that's all it was... So now what?
I do a lot of camping and really have the itch to replace/upgrade the suspension for some mild off-road use. Old Man Emu springs, then simply replace shocks and any other suspension components that really need it... What do you recommend? I plan on doing upper and lower control arm (assemblies) in the front and maybe tie rods. I assume I should do upper control arms in the rear as well, but anything else? Any other bushings a necessity? I can do most of the work myself, but do not want to put too much money into this since it has so many mile.

Any input on suspension must-do's is appreciated. Or is this simply stupid to do on a car with this may miles. I am kind of looking to replace the bare-minimum on the suspension that is needed to make it reliable and handle some mild off-road use.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The struts need to be checked and most likely replaced. The D link needs to be done, usually depending on how much rust and salty/slushy weather you drive in.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts