Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

New "used" CRV owner here. It is a 2002 Honda CRV LX AWD.

I have a question about tire size and style. The CRV currently has 205/70/R15passanger car tires. (Off brand from Wal-Mart)

I would like to run 215/75/R15 Light truck tires (LT). I'm pretty sure they will fit based on research on this site. I'm looking at BFG AT KO 215/75/R15 Load Range C. Does anyone currently run these tires or a LT AT tire? I'm worried about the ride being harsh compared to the current passanger tires.

My rural gravel road is very muddy, snowy and icy 6 months out of the year. The local township rarely plows or does any road work. This is why I'm looking at AT LT tires.

Please post the size, brand and type of tire you run or your CRV and any comments you have about wear, ride, cost or traction. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
713 Posts
They will fit.

I run 215/70 and I am very satisfied with them. There was about a 1MPG drop so far and they are a bit noisier.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey sleeksliver, What load range are those Geolaners? They are in the top three tires I've been looking at. They have a very good reputation when used on SUVs and full size trucks.

Any experience with them in snow or on ice?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
BFGs are really great tires. i have the priemier touring set on my 98. they are mud and snow rated size 205/70/R15. i have never used them in the mud or snow before but they are quiet.

i thought that the gen.2 had 16s on it stock. am i wrong or did you change rim sizes?

·
Registered
713 Posts
No one is running 215/75/r15 BFG AT KOs !?!

That's not a good sign.
There are a few people on the other forum running them.

This forum seems a bit less off road biased...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are a few people on the other forum running them.

This forum seems a bit less off road biased...
Any idea who those members are?

You're right CRVs don't have a big off road following like some other SUVs. I know it's not an off road tank and mostly a pavement pounder but I do need to get some capable tires to get me up my big hill on a dirt/gravel road in bad weather. Something I could run all year.

To give you an idea as to the condition of my public road......During the summer the road has grass growing in the middle due to lack of traffic. During the winter if I don't make it up the hill I have to walk 2+ miles home in whatever snow or ice is on the ground. This has happened once this winter. The Accord didn't make it up the hill, and I didn't drive my 1998 F150 4x4 with Mikey Tompson MTZ mud tires that day. I didn't own the CRV at that time. It was a long walk..........

Any and all tire reviews would be welcome. I'd love to hear from someone about the BFG ATs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all.

New "used" CRV owner here. It is a 2002 Honda CRV LX AWD.

I have a question about tire size and style. The CRV currently has 205/70/R15passanger car tires. (Off brand from Wal-Mart)

I would like to run 215/75/R15 Light truck tires (LT). I'm pretty sure they will fit based on research on this site. I'm looking at BFG AT KO 215/75/R15 Load Range C. Does anyone currently run these tires or a LT AT tire? I'm worried about the ride being harsh compared to the current passanger tires.

My rural gravel road is very muddy, snowy and icy 6 months out of the year. The local township rarely plows or does any road work. This is why I'm looking at AT LT tires.

Please post the size, brand and type of tire you run or your CRV and any comments you have about wear, ride, cost or traction. Thanks in advance.
Did you up going with the bfgoodrich k0s? I'm looking into k02's same size 215/75r15 for my 99 4wd not that I need them in southern California lol, but more for aesthetics and the handful of desert trips I take every year to go ride dirtbikes

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Did you up going with the bfgoodrich k0s? I'm looking into k02's same size 215/75r15 for my 99 4wd not that I need them in southern California lol, but more for aesthetics and the handful of desert trips I take every year to go ride dirtbikes
The last post in this thread was over 10 years ago, so you might not get a response.

I checked tirerack.com for those BFG tires, and they appear to be still available, and the reviews are good:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The last post in this thread was over 10 years ago, so you might not get a response.

I checked tirerack.com for those BFG tires, and they appear to be still available, and the reviews are good:

I figured I wouldn't get a response from the OP but hey it got someone to respond . And yeah I've found the tires at few different tire shops. Was curious about how they would ride on a rd1. I have the k02's on my Tacoma and man were they noisy as well as a bit of a rough ride at 1st.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts