Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

225-65-17 Winter Tires on 17CRV??

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  captainbeandip 
#1 ·
Winter is coming! it's inevitable....

My question is are there any issues mounting a 225-65-17 instead of the 235's, google says there is a 1.8% speedo difference but thats not my concern. I'm more worried if its going to mess with the new TPMS system and constantly throw a code/light or something else I am overlooking.

Thing is some people are getting rid of their 2016's CRV winter tires for cheap on OEM wheels, that is something I don't want to pass up if they are compatible.

How does the new TPMS work anyways? My guess is size and rotation....if this is correct then a smaller dia. wheel probably will throw it off....

#5 ·
If your crv is front wheel drive then it's not much of a problem. If it's awd then this is not a good situation, but will probably ok for a short time. Either way, I'd put that smaller one on the back and get it change it out as soon as possible. Actually, I'd recommend getting at least 2 brand new tires so you can have a matching brand new pair on the back (which I believe is what the "experts" like to recommend these days... best tread on the back... even though if it were my vehicle I think I'd still want those new tires on the front). Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.