Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Varies so much from tire to tire and car to car you might find your optimum with

Went from the stock 225 for those of you running 235 what cold pressure are at.
experimenting.

Suggest starting at 35 cold. Driving long/far enough to get a feel for handling and ride, let down 1/2 pound at a time until you have gone too far. Over many years I find it is best to wait at least a full day between lowering pressure.

Once you discover what pressure you prefer you can normalize it to 70 degrees so you can repeat it no matter what the outside temperature is. With normal air, the pressure will change very nearly 1 psi per 10 degrees temperature. With Nitrogen it varies a little bit less mainly because dry nitrogen has less moisture in it.

Please let us know what you discover?

Thanks,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got an email back from kuhmo tech support they recommend 32 and no more than 35 cold temp psi. I was running 37. This weekend if the westher permit im going to try the chalk technique to check thread pattern. Im thinking 33-34 psi cold is a good starting point.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like 32psi did the trick. Varified by rubbing chalk on a section of thread and it wore off across the entire section evenly. All this was done at cold temp in my drive way which is level and flat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts