Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title states. There is someone selling these tires locally for a great price but I think it might be a little too much tire. I have gone wider with my other car (see sig pic) with no issues, but I know comparing the two is Apples to Oranges. Is going to a higher ratio (70) and going 235mm too much? Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you go fat, ya change the roll resistance.
If you go taller it changes, MHP.
What are you after?
Or what driving condition / performance is it you want to change.
Bottom line to keep in mind.........its a four banger.

·
Registered
14 Posts
bringing this thread back to life, does anyone know the biggest size tire you can run on the Gen2 cr-v? My girlfriend is looking into a 265/70/16 for her 2005. Any idea if these will fit? Good deal we would hate to pass up on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
bringing this thread back to life, does anyone know the biggest size tire you can run on the Gen2 cr-v? My girlfriend is looking into a 265/70/16 for her 2005. Any idea if these will fit? Good deal we would hate to pass up on.
nevermind, just did a size check and they wouldnt even fit in the fenders at that size. carry on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I’m looking for 235/70r16’s for my 2007 CRV and I don’t really know how well that will fit, you guys think you could help with that?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Go to this website, determine your original tire size and do the sidewall numbers arithmetic to determine the original tire diameter/height. Try to stay at, or very close to, the original tire diameter when selecting new tires.

Have you down sized from 17” rims to 16”?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts