Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone with a 2012-2014.
Ever since my car has been new it has has a shudder/vibration when accelerating from 25-30mph. The Dealership has done the tsb, which called for a computer update and trans flush, it got better but never completely went away. They eventually recommended replacing the torque converter.

A week ago they replaced my front driveshaft for a different problem and both problems completely went away. At 100k, the car is finally accelerating smoothly as it should.

I thought I’d follow up for anyone who has had the same issue and it was unresolved. I know it’s somewhat common in these cars.

·
Registered
246 Posts
No vibrations from 25-30 mph range but my wife's 2014 CRV has engine vibration at 0 mph / in gear - like when waiting at a stop light. Doesn't vibrate all the time but I can feel it. Especially the longer we wait - when its idle RPM settles down even more. Step on the gas a "little" (to raise engine RPM 100 rpms) and the vibration instantly goes away. My bet is its engine is idling too low - like it wants to stall out. Based on google search, this is classified as "mode 1" on 2015 models.

For details, surf lower pages of: https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2016/honda-tsb-15-046-2015-honda-cr-v-vibration.shtml

Hope this helps in your research....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I notice when it kicks into 2nd gear that the car (engine?) starts to vibrate. Once I let go of the gas and it shifts to the next gear, it goes away. I notice it only really does it on the 2nd gear.

When I took my car to the dealership for a tune up for long road trip, I mentioned it to them. When it was returned, the vibration wasn’t as bad but still there. It doesn’t happen as frequently any more but it still does.

I have the Honda care... would this fall under the extended warantee?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
For anyone with a 2012-2014.
Ever since my car has been new it has has a shudder/vibration when accelerating from 25-30mph. The Dealership has done the tsb, which called for a computer update and trans flush, it got better but never completely went away. They eventually recommended replacing the torque converter.

A week ago they replaced my front driveshaft for a different problem and both problems completely went away. At 100k, the car is finally accelerating smoothly as it should.

I thought I’d follow up for anyone who has had the same issue and it was unresolved. I know it’s somewhat common in these cars.
I'm a bit confused. Do you have AWD? As CR-Vs are FWD, there is no such thing as a front driveshaft. Are you referring to the CV jointed drive axles (of which there are 2- left and right)? Then, if you do have AWD, there is a driveshaft (one and only one) which goes to the rear diff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts