Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2015 AWD exl and wanted to get slightly bigger tires. going between the 255/55-18 and the 235/60-18.
My crv is stock and don't really want to do any mods. the 255/55-18 is a little taller and wider.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
you need to see how much clearance you have before tires rub on the struts and turn the wheels back and forth see how much clearance you have without rubbing right now.

The little height increase will be ok, it's the 255 width that's the problem. That will likely cause rubbing issues

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
When you do the arithmetic using the sidewall numbers, the 255/55/18 is actually slightly shorter than the 235/60/18 by 6/100 of an inch. The 255 is 3/4" wider but only half of that is closer to suspension and the other half is closer to the fender.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Looking for someone who's tried either to chime in please. Theoretically both should work, but you know...
Mathematically they both should work as well.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Don't know if this helps or not, but my '07 has 255/55/18s, and has no issues at all, plenty of clearance. My only problem with them is that they are Pirelli Scorpion A/S's and are loud! They literally howl, at speed. Aftermarket wheels but nothin' fancy. Here's pictures:

2007 CR-V 009.jpg

2007 CR-V 023.jpg

2007 CR-V 020.jpg

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Nice........:doublethumb:

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Why, thank you SIR! Actually, those wheels were installed by the dealer when the car came in new and it was used as a showroom display model, and then sold to the original owner that way. I got that info from her. One thing about these wheels - they are easy to clean. I really need to paint the calipers. Maybe in the Spring.

Actually, it is also true that these tires are 29" in diameter, making them 1" larger than stock diameter for the 17's. However, there are 18" tires available that are 28" in diameter, and I will buy them when I get a new set, which will bring my speedometer back to accuracy again, and the same as the spare, which I cannot install at present. I'm also considering a full size spare later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts