Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've spent a long time searching the forum but struggling to find particular answers for a 2nd Gen (plenty of answers for the 1st Gen!).

After searching on the net in general for tyre sizes that would fit, I arrived at the conclusion that 215/75/R15's would fit a 2nd Gen. However, when they arrived this morning (Falken Wildpeak A/T 215/75/R15) and 'eye-balling' them before having them fitted, they look too big.

Is there anyone who could share their experience of this tyre size on a 2nd Gen? Most importantly, do they fit without rubbing? They look really tall but does the hight 'compress'/lower when fitted?

Any opinions greatly received, thank you for your help,

Staffs Lebowski

PS: When I'm searching this forum for my model, which phrase am I best to use? CRV II? 2nd Gen? 2004? It occurred to me that sometimes I may miss a thread by using the wrong nomenclature?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
110 views and no answers. On the one hand that's really cool, people choosing to post nothing rather than 'air'. Thank you!

On the other hand, I'm a bit flat (Tyre joke..). I was hoping for some information here that I just cannot find on the net. My conclusion now after searching everysingle thread on this section of the forum and the net, that the 2004 2nd Gen just wasn't a popular car to fit tall tyres.

Staffs Lebowski.. :(

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Usually what hinders to install a smaller rim size is the rubbing of the caliper to the rims. It might fit in as I know that the 04 & below uses smaller size Brake Rotor than the 05 & up. The best way is to try to fit in the rim see if it rubs onto the caliper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed 215/75r15 today on my 02, and so far so good, I drove it around a while and even on full turn it does not rub. I have some American Racing AR907 black 15x7 with 35mm offset on it. If you are using a stock rim, or aftermarket rims with the original 50mm offset, you may have slight running on the inner fender with that size on full turn. I have no lift on my CRV.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
it will depend on the wheel and if it will clear the brake caliper. the tire will be no problem, you will just have to try the wheel, most 15" will not clear the calipers depending on offset, you may need spacers. not sure why you got 15" tires, they are going to be trouble finding a wheel that fits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i have a gen 2 2003 crv and i just installed a set of gripmax AT 225/75 R15 on my wagon today and i can tell you that they look great and fit perfect with no rubbing and my crv is stock suspension with no lift, so the smaller tyres you speak of will fit great ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this post is old but I found a cheap set of 15" pro comp series rim 15x8 with -15 offset and was wondering will it fit my 05 crv. I understand the bigger size of the caliper and brake pads but from what I heard, most stock 15" wont fit but what about aftermarket rims? I would like to know before I purchase these rims. Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, i have a gen 2 2003 crv and i just installed a set of gripmax AT 225/75 R15 on my wagon today and i can tell you that they look great and fit perfect with no rubbing and my crv is stock suspension with no lift, so the smaller tyres you speak of will fit great ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts