Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting for a friend that has an 05 CR-V 2wd that, she says, at low speeds it "sometimes" feels (to her) like she's running over a washboard. Additionally, she says if she speeds up a little or slows down, it goes away. At high speeds, there is no symptom of this problem.

Anyone know whats up here? Shes a little shy of repair money right now but doesn't want to harm her vehicle either.

Honda recommended the following:

(1) Replace the engine mount!

Wow! like to me that makes little sense because at high speeds surely you would have trouble with that not to mention the engine is in torque heavily at the low end of any of the gear ratios.

(2) Replace pass. side axle seal.

Sounds like routine mant./replacement to me.... not a problem solver unless I'm missing something.

Anyone else have/experience this sort of problem?? I ask and she can't tell if its from one side or the other and, this problem has no effect on acceleration or how fast the car comes off of speed when she takes her foot off the accelerator.

Any help appreciated.
regards, mitch

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,735 Posts
The motor mount MIGHT need repositioning...look in the TSB section of the Forum for the proper bulletin (will probably say 2004 CRV)

Might be a wheel bearing too...those would make more or less noise depending on vehicle loading (eg, a right side bearing would be "loud" on left turns)

Could also be tires. Are they rotated on a regular basis? If the noise changes after moving the fronts to the back, you have pinned it down. Honda recommends 6K miles between rotation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Washboarding

I'm having the exact same issue on my 2002 CRV 4WD. Symptom came on all at once. It is prevalent when coasting, between the transmission shifting up or down. If you speed up or take your foot off the gas the problem dissapeares.
I changed the plugs and added some fuel treatment, to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts