Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what's wrong with this CRV? I bought this brand new car from dealer no more than two years ago !!
anyone has good suggestions as to what to do? The dealer said they will charge
me 99 dollars for a gas consumption testing..

Before winter, it was 10.4L/100KM.
During the winter with snow tiers, it was 10.9L/100km.

Since the weather has been warm enough, I changed back to all season tires about 1 month ago,
and reset the gas consumption calculation/mileage. Now it is 12L/100LM.
what's the hell....

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Easiest to check: tire pressure; next: air filter.

Folks usually get best tradeoff of mpg/lpk & ride comfort @ about 31-34 psi [31 psi roughly equals 213 KPa or 2.18 kg/cm[SUP]2[/SUP]].
Now that the air box has snaps, really easy to check filter status.

Finally, use old tech method to check mileage: fill-to-first-click, then remove nozzle. Write down odometer reading #1. At next fill-up, fill again to first click & remove nozzle. Write down odometer reading #2. Subtract odometer #1 from odometer #2 to get distance traveled. Divide this number by amount pumped into tank. Repeat for next several fill-ups to get useful baseline mpg/lpk figure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Easiest to check: tire pressure; next: air filter.

Folks usually get best tradeoff of mpg/lpk & ride comfort @ about 31-34 psi [31 psi roughly equals 213 KPa or 2.18 kg/cm[SUP]2[/SUP]].
Now that the air box has snaps, really easy to check filter status.

Finally, use old tech method to check mileage: fill-to-first-click, then remove nozzle. Write down odometer reading #1. At next fill-up, fill again to first click & remove nozzle. Write down odometer reading #2. Subtract odometer #1 from odometer #2 to get distance traveled. Divide this number by amount pumped into tank. Repeat for next several fill-ups to get useful baseline mpg/lpk figure.
Instead of going off the ODO, I'd zero out one of the trip meters and use that instead. More accurate, if you're into that sort of thing. And from the amount of posts on fuel economy I see, most are.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I drive a 2011 CRV and 12L/100Km has been my best tank out of 4 fill-ups. I'm seeing slight improvement as I put more clicks on it (am at about 1,500km's). I'm pretty much 100% city driving though. But like you, I'm still a little concerned about the mileage I'm getting since I expected a new V to have much better. I track my fill-ups/mileage/etc on Fuelly.com. It's a pretty good site to see trends in your gas consumption.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts