Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2017 CRV automatic (UK version)
I have had it for about a month now, and have a warning that appears every time I go over 30mph.
It appears as an orange symbol on my main display when, obviously, I go over 30mph.
This doesn't seem tied to local speed restrictions, but rather the actual speed.
As you can imagine when I hit a motorway, this is frustrating and annoying.

Does anyone know how to turn this off?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does the display actually say? Can you post a picture?
Im not at home, so don't have a picture.
its an Orange Symbol of a Speedometer with 30 underneath it
it comes up with an accompanying BEEP when ever the car goes over 30mph
It only bleeps once, but if I drop below 30 the go over again, it will beep again with the symbol.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I think it's time to call your dealer if the manual doesn't tell you how to get rid of it. Googling showed somebody that had the same issue with their UK-market '16, but that's not going to help you, since it was a different generation.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, your car came equipped with sat nav, correct?
That should be a reason why you're getting readings from the sat nav map that shows the speed limit on the road and will give you an audible warning or just a light popping up on your dash that you're going over it.

Go to Nav -> Settings -> sounds or warnings and look for speed warnings.
I don't have the nav version but it should be somewhere in that area.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If it's not on the Navi Menu then it should be under settings for the headunit itself.
Go to Settings -> System OR Settings -> Vehicle
The settings should be there somewhere. It's not in the manual because it's a safety feature to protect them from liability.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found the solution.
So for anyone else who comes across this and finds this thread.
You need to turn the key to the 2nd tick.
Then go through the information settings via the toggle on the steering wheel
There are options to set 2 speed alerts.
Default is to 30 and 50
You cant remove them but can raise them to (for example) 130mph so they never (rarely) go off.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Found the solution.
Default is to 30 and 50
You cant remove them but can raise them to (for example) 130mph so they never (rarely) go off.
This setting may or may not be available on USA CR-Vs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2017 CRV automatic (UK version)
I have had it for about a month now, and have a warning that appears every time I go over 30mph.
It appears as an orange symbol on my main display when, obviously, I go over 30mph.
This doesn't seem tied to local speed restrictions, but rather the actual speed.
As you can imagine when I hit a motorway, this is frustrating and annoying.

Does anyone know how to turn this off?
Hi
Had the same problem with UK vehicle which i just purchased a few days ago. If you go to page 118 "Gauges and Displays" you should see a page that shows speed alarm. On the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel there are three buttons. press the info button and then scroll through using the up and down buttons until speed alarm is highlighted. The speed icon should then be crossed out, there may be a couple of icons, just make sure they are crossed out and save the settings. Also had another problem which was my own fault i pressed the wrong button and the LIM indicator came on, make sure when you are finished that the LIM button is not highlighted on the speedometer as this interferes with the cruise control, always make sure the small speedometer icon is showing on the top left of the speedometer for the cruise control to work properly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Had the same problem with UK vehicle which i just purchased a few days ago. If you go to page 118 "Gauges and Displays" you should see a page that shows speed alarm. On the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel there are three buttons. press the info button and then scroll through using the up and down buttons until speed alarm is highlighted. The speed icon should then be crossed out, there may be a couple of icons, just make sure they are crossed out and save the settings. Also had another problem which was my own fault i pressed the wrong button and the LIM indicator came on, make sure when you are finished that the LIM button is not highlighted on the speedometer as this interferes with the cruise control, always make sure the small speedometer icon is showing on the top left of the speedometer for the cruise control to work properly. Hope this helps.
Thanks read your forum today sorted it out in 2 mins 30mph and 50mph having been bleeping since I bought the car 3 weeks ago

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks read your forum today sorted it out in 2 mins 30mph and 50mph having been bleeping since I bought the car 3 weeks ago
Hi
I found the Speed Alarm settings on the Personalisation menu (2 sheets of overlapping paper), it was 1/6 of the settings there. I found I couldn’t cross out the icons as you describe so I set both upper and lower limits to 200 mph which works fine but why don’t Honda let owners just disable the feature like you suggest

·
Registered
297 Posts
Found the solution.
Default is to 30 and 50
So you rarely go over 130mph in your CR-V?! o_O

·
Registered
715 Posts
I found the Speed Alarm settings on the Personalisation menu (2 sheets of overlapping paper), it was 1/6 of the settings there. I found I couldn’t cross out the icons as you describe so I set both upper and lower limits to 200 mph which works fine but why don’t Honda let owners just disable the feature like you suggest
I have the audible "bongs" set for 30mph and 70mph.

Sure, not to everyone's taste but I find it a useful feature.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts