Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for those of you who were curious about the headlight restoration kits they do seem to in fact work. I had never used one before or seen one used so i was unsure if it would. I always thought the yellow tint was on the inside of the headlight housing from humidity and dirt build-up. Apparently it is caused by the sun's UV rays over a long period of time.

FYI, i used the 3M 39045 Headlight Renewal Kit (got it on sale at Amazon for $19) on my 2006 Honda Accord. Yes, while not a CR-V (which i do own), it could be used for one that has yellowish tinted headlights.

The last picture is before i started (i uploaded it first but for some reason it got posted last). The first picture is during one of the sanding steps. The second picture is after the rubbing compound had been applied. The third picture is both headlights with one not done and the other cleaned up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Seriously, I’ve heard Toothpaste does the same. Nice job & pics N.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice before and after. Are you on v6performance?
No, never heard of it until you mentioned it. I used to be on the Drive Accord forums back when i first got my Accord.

There's not much performance in my Accord though. Its a base model Value Package trim. The list of features entails power windows, locks, and an automatic transmission. But its a 2006 with only 79,000 miles on it and it has been a great vehicle.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me too. And I've never had a faded headlight.
I tried doing that except it was always sunny and my car used to be parked outside, so that's when it developed the yellowish tint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts