Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2008 CR-V EX-L FWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We purchased this 2008 CR-V EX-L when it was six years old. An ongoing issue is the ease at spinning the front tires on dry/wet/snowy pavement unless we are EXTREMELY careful with the accelerator. I replaced the tires, but haven't seen any improvement.

Does anyone know of a suspension upgrade available for this model to counteract this behavior?

Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
Suspension won't cause that.

2WD or 4WD? please go to ACCOUNT SETTINGS and update your vehicle settings.

Is it a momentary spin of one side's tires, or a constant spin that causes both wheels to drift sideways? 馃槺

Registered
2008 CR-V EX-L FWD
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about the profile, I was almost certain I had filled that in.

It's a 2008 EX-L FWD. I'll have to try it with an observer to check for one or both wheels spinning. I assumed the spinning was caused by the body shifting backwards, lightening the front end.

Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
the spinning was caused by the body shifting backwards,
OK, details are showing now.

Weight transfer is undoubtedly occurring. Short of paying $$$$$$$$ for a Limited Slip or Torsen differential, I don't know what to tell you.

If the front end doesn't slide sideways on crowned roads when you sense the spin, it is probably just one wheel. Doesn't your car have VSA (traction control)?

Shot in the dark, but perhaps your throttle position sensor is too sensitive? (Not linear) Small applications of pedal might be telling the ECU that you are flooring it! You can generally measure TPS voltage over its range, and it should be a nice consistent change in volts., not jumping suddenly.

Premium Member
Doesn't your car have VSA (traction control)?
My two EX-Ls certainly do have VSA and would prevent one wheel from breaking loose like that. Even if both fronts spin, they are faster relative to the rears so again, VSA should be kicking in to stop that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts